BEAUTIFUL SIGHT-Plenty Of Fish Too!

Go down

Fishing BEAUTIFUL SIGHT-Plenty Of Fish Too!

Post by OhioFisher on Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:25 pm

Well after we got back from the Sandusky I had nothin better to do than fish so I called a buddy and then a few others came down for chits and giggles. Me and Austin were the only ones who fished. We got our lines in and just like every other day maybe 5 minutes later, I got the first bite. Got lucky and got it in a medium channel.

Then I got a sheephead, second of the year, not very big which isn't a good sign for the "run" but anyways it swallowed the hook so I threw and back and unfourtunetly it was on top not doing real well. So there were a few seagulls around and it doesn't take long for one to spot it. But it is too close to us so they wait for it to drift may 20yds away. After one gull gets on it two others come fight him for it an this was funny because two would chase each other while the third was left unguarded and headed right for the fish. For some reason though they all got "fighting" and left... Out of nowhere a minute or so comes the EAGLE! He circled around one time then ~swooped~ down put down his feet and grabbed the sheephead at 20yds!!!! IT WAS AWESOME!!!!! Then the seagulls chased him/her halfway to the nest about 1/4mi. away. That made the day right there. Too bad I couldn't get any better pictures but these are OK

After that it was mainly mixed bullheads and channels with a carp and gill thrown in. It sprinkled some and I think the front cut the fish off because they really shutdown before we left. We always have fun though and thats what its all about Smile This rain I think will help the walleye runs... But the reefs really need to clean up or we'll have a non-existant spawn. :ALL FISH RELEASED:

OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Re: BEAUTIFUL SIGHT-Plenty Of Fish Too!

Post by saugeye1 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:43 pm

nice stringer again, don't u ever get skunked lol!
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:44 pm

by the way cool shot of the eagle, bet that was awesome.
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher on Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:24 pm

Yes, If you remember my firts trip open water this season was a skunk Wink

OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by bugeyedjig on Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:48 pm

cool eagle shots. nice stringer of fish too. looks like a little bit of everything.
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum