Canoe Trip-Portage Whitebass 4-27

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Outdoors Canoe Trip-Portage Whitebass 4-27

Post by OhioFisher on Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:47 pm

Me and my buddy James fished the same areas of the portage as we did yesterday. This time in the canoe!!! Again we ran into Ryan "bigwahl78" and his buddy. Once as we put in and as we were heading back home he brought his boat up. Anyways as soon as we put in it wasn't long I saw Steve get one and then we floated on by and I got a couple. After that we paddled some a tried to go back upstream to get back into a hole holding some fish but the current was too strong for the anchor. So we moved on down, did some trolling and every 5-10mins. We would get a bite/fish. Until we got into where the river "ends" I got three, one on the "secret bait" Laughing but the secret baits hook fell off later on Sad Then my buddy James hooked a HUGE smallie Big Fish but it ran under the canoe and it broke the line Evil or Very Mad !!! After that we trolled all the way into town and got picked up. Long paddle for sure!!! When we got the shore we saw a big of 10 or so whitebass cleaned and thrown onto the bank Sad And the people we saw fishing were all brekaing the 1 hook rule lol it's not like it really matters in the portage as there are very fewe eyes but jus sayin lol. Enjoy the pics

OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: Canoe Trip-Portage Whitebass 4-27

Post by saugeye1 on Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:51 pm

sounds like a great trip
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top