Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not an extremely successful day today

2 posters

Go down

Hunting Not an extremely successful day today

Post by OhioFisher Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:07 pm

My buddys uncles(ish) owns property nearby, has a pretty decent river bottom with lots of large grassy fields with some tiny cotton woods that have rubs on lots of them

The river bottom had few tracks though, would be a tough place to hunt

Might try it out there

Then headed to williston about 25mi to find a guy who owns land nearby, turns out he is too old to allow hunting or give out permits...
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Hunting Re: Not an extremely successful day today

Post by rogue Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:49 pm

With your limited mobility this year it's going to be tuff for you to get on some nice deer , keep that in mind for next year . Deer season doesn't start the first of Oct. , it starts about mid June with watching your hunting spots from a far , cutting nice and quiet paths to your stands , watching your heard for management of doe's ( doe's with twins or singles or even triplets ) , dumping apples or grains ect. . You asked about hunting the start of bow season if it was worth it , With out a doubt if you have a nice mature buck you've been watching you can pattern his moves and sometimes you can set your watch by him , he will change his patterns about once a week or so but if you put the time in you will know about 75% of the time what he is doing . Don't get me wrong the rut is a fun time to be in the woods just because you don't know what your going to see or hear . As fun as it is at rut you have to use your head and not let your self get into a situation with a buck that might turn bad in a hurry . Alot of times in the heat of a fight another buck coming in will sometimes react just to movement and you do not want to be the movement . I hunt the ground alot and I've been shook up a couple of times in the past when I haven't kept a close eye on what's going on around me . To me in the world of deer hunting , bow hunting is the best hands down . Be careful and respect the beast in the cross-hairs . Rogue
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down