Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deer do the darndest things

4 posters

Go down

Hunting Deer do the darndest things

Post by OhioFisher Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:05 pm

Been doing a bit of deer hunting near home in ottawa county, a 300 deer county. Haven't seen crap until today when we go to drop off some apples-two does right next to the stand Rolling Eyes
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Hunting Re: Deer do the darndest things

Post by rogue Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:34 pm

I've not been in the stand yet this year , I know how sad is that ? I have been going out some and watching my stand locations with not much to get excited about until tonight ! I saw over 50 deer and out of all of them we seen 6 bucks out of the 6 three was 130" to 150" wide and tall . The tall one had major mass , the twin 130s to 140s was with about 9 does and yearlings and when spooked was running up checking the does . Seen two young bucks getting it on when the big tall buck snuck up on them and when the two little ones seen him they dropped there heads and took off , I don't think they wanted any part of him . By the looks of things out there with the big boys out early and checking does , rut is very close now . Come hell or high water I will be hunting this Friday on or tell I take the spirit of my BEAST . Good luck and please be careful and please never forget to respect mother nature and all she has to give us . Stick them good or don't shoot at all . LONG LIVE THE BEAST !!! Rogue
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:58 pm

Wow!!!

When do I get to go there!!?!?!? Very Happy

Will do
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kprice5 Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:53 pm

Alot of BIG rubs are showing up by me. Pre rut might start soon. Cold front is coming in, maybe that will heat things up. I hunted friday through tuesday mornings and evenings. Ended up seeing 9 total deer. 5 small bucks and 4 does. Wont get to hunt till oct 16th. When do farmers usually start knocking down corn? The corn field I hunt is still pretty green.
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:47 pm

i have not even been out yet, have not fished sine the middle of sept. work seems to keep getting in the way
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:14 pm

Yea corn is still green here, looking at novemeber before its down

Things are getting better I think, dad saw his first two today

I saw one yesterday
OhioFisher
OhioFisher