Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9 point down

3 posters

Go down

Outdoors 9 point down

Post by kprice5 Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:14 pm

Well I finally connected on a nice mature buck. I let alot of bucks go, but could not let myself let this guy go. My girlfriend suggested I hunt her grandparents farm down in Licking county so I figured I would give it a shot. Went into the woods blind on Wednesday morning and ended up seeing a total of 22 deer(hunted sun up to sundown without getting out of the stand). One buck was a really good buck, at least ten points. Next morning is thanksgiving, and I woke up tired and late, but forced myself to get back into the woods, around 8 30 I saw this bruiser. He walked across a field all the way to me. I had em at ten yards wide open, but the wind was blowin right in his face so I tried not to move which meant the bow was still in my lap. When He started quartering away I raised the bow and made a perfect shot, took him 60 yards to expire. When the grandpa showed me the property lines after the deer was checked in we both saw a bigger buck laying down about 20 yards away. Guess im going to keep my girl friend happy because her grandparents property is deer heaven. ha
9 point down Mybucks23
9 point down Mybuck
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: 9 point down

Post by OhioFisher Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:29 pm

You got one thing right, NICE MATURE BUCK

You've put in the time congrats on your reward

Good woman too Wink
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:19 pm

awesome buck, congrats
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kprice5 Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:21 pm

yeah now I can concentrate on steelhead fishing. I cant wait to hunt gun next weekend down at my girlfriends grandparents.
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:22 pm

Lol I can't wait for gun either, this weekend will be my first chance to test out our 2005 400 rancher
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kprice5 Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:39 pm

I think I might use my blackpowder, not sure yet. I think they are so accurate, enough to where no second shot is needed.
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down