Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ice thickness around here .

4 posters

Go down

Outdoors Ice thickness around here .

Post by rogue Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:06 pm

Well Willy Ketchum , Myself and Rack-shooter drove around SW-central Ohio today checking ice thickness . WE started at Madison lake , it's just SW of London Ohio by about 6 mile . Conditions was as fallows : open water in the center of the lake ; ice around the island and boat ramp 1 too 2in . ; not much snow on the lake . Clark lake , It's half way between London Ohio and Springfield Ohio off old Columbus rd . Conditions was as fallows: hole lake was covered in ice and snow ; Ice around the lake was 1 too 1.5in with 1.5in of snow over all the ice . CJ brown about 50% open water and the marina had about 1.5in around the docks . We seen 3 guys fishing the docks and I walked down and said Hi , They just started to fish right as we got there and as i was talking to them for about 5min or so they landed about 7 fish mostly bluegills but two crappies . Well willy and shooter seen them guys landing them fish and said lets do it , Please keep in mind that with the wind chill it was about 10 below and with thin/bad ice no shanty could be used . So after I lost the argument willy , shooter and I went to a dock across the marina and I dug some holes . As soon as willy walked down the ramp to the docks his teeth was chartering so 3min. later I had him back in the truck with the heater on . After he was warm I went back down with Rack-shooter and fished for about 10min. until I heard what sounded like glass breaking . I was under dressed so I told shooter lets go . After returning home I found out what the glass breaking sound was , it was my family jewels that I just had returned to me from my wife on a trail bases ( didn't have them long enough to get used to them again ) . Maybe I'll find some on eBay this spring cheep . I'll check late next week on the ice again and report back . Be safe and be patients . Also I was up At Indian yesterday and the ice that saugeye 1 and I fished back in some channel was 6in ( Saugeye 1 caught the fish some bluegill and yellow perch ) . We had to come home for his aunt was rushed to the hospital so please have him and his family in mind . Thank you Rogue .
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: Ice thickness around here .

Post by OhioFisher Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:24 pm

LOL man you guys dont have crap down there!!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Flathead King 06 Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:50 pm

OhioFisher wrote:LOL man you guys dont have crap down there!!

Hell no!!! its SPRINGFIELD jonny!!! LOL CJ sucks for ice... not much more than dink gills and crappie... with the few channels, LM, and a shortie eye here and there...
Flathead King 06
Flathead King 06
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:56 pm

thanks rogue, glad to see u at least got out to do some lookin around. sorry to hear about the family jewels. i will try to get those pics loaded tom
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum