Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

buckeye lake

3 posters

Go down

Outdoors buckeye lake

Post by saugeye1 Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:43 pm

me a d rogue fished from daylight till dark, we kept 5 for the dinner table and threw 3 back, rogue got 6 and me 2, most came on vibes and jigging spoons, brain had a flurry of 4 eyes in 5 mins, he was on fire, i spent most of the day outside due to the shanty being 105 degrees, when i got in hole were 3 times bigger than when we drilled em.highlight of the trip was brian hooked an eye and it came up the hole with his vibe in it's mouth and my jig tangled in the mess, what a trip.all in all another fun day spent with brian, if u ever get a chance to fish with him do it, u will never be bored.here;s some pics[img]buckeye lake Picture003-8[/img][img]buckeye lake Picture002-11[/img][img]buckeye lake Picture001-12[/img]
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: buckeye lake

Post by saugeye1 Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:44 pm

on a side note, we lost just as many as we caught, at least i did
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:15 am

Hell yea guys!!!
Congrats on the successful day!!!!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by rogue Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:08 am

Wow what a fun day fishing with JUMBO JIM , even with a slight hangover I had . The first hole we dug was 3.5" so we moved about 20' over and found 5.5" so we set up there . JJ was the first one to hook up but lost it half way to the hole and then he was the second one to hook up and lost it half to the hole , In all my life I've never seen such a great conservationist as JJ as all day he was releasing fish with little or no stress to them of being out of there elements like water ( nice job what a sportsmen) . With alot of help from our neighbors out there in Buckeye shantytown ( pop. 124 ) we started to get some fish ( thanks guys for the help it was needed ) . I did get a nice flurry of fish real quick and I could see in JJ's eyes that he was getting a little down with his C&R program , so I did what any good friend would do I rubbed it in . After taking my trouble hook off my chrome 2" jigging spoon to let JJ catch up thing slowed down for a wile and it turned into a slow pick after that . There was alot of nice fish caught around us and we ended up with a couple of nice meals of fish . I know for a fact that JJ is hook for life on ice-fishing and he's a great guy to be around , we'll be fishing together for a long time . Rogue
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by rogue Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:16 am

I forgot , the eye I was holding in the Pic. was my first eye thru the ice this year and it was released right after all the paparazzi photos was taken . It was small but I was sure glad to see it .
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:40 pm

dang rogue, lmao, can't even type i'm laughing so hard, hooked on ice yes, and can't wait for our next trip. good luck at erie next weekend, give me a call and rub it in, cause more than likely i will be called out. and i hope if the guys that helped us out read this they deserve a big thanks, also met a wonderful young man who offerd me a lure he was catchin fish on, a true sportsman indeed helpin out a new guy, i declined, but did get to watch him hook up on a fish using a vex, he took the time to show me.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:41 pm

jumbo jim starts his diet today LOL
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:27 pm

LMFAO!!!! lol!
Brian take it easy, that was too funny!!!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down