Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Belville and Racine

5 posters

Go down

Outdoors Belville and Racine

Post by Bowjo Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:43 am

I have been fishing both these places this week.I am not catching much,but the water is getting clearer each day. Cool Cool I hope I figure out what these fish want Gone Fishing Which place do you think is best this time of year?......Thanks Joe
Bowjo
Bowjo
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: Belville and Racine

Post by OhioFisher Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:54 am

The weather sure is getting nice!

Joe, check the recent reports Jim tore up some multi species at bellville!

Welcome!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bowjo Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:00 pm

Went to Bellville this morning,Ohio side.There was 2 barge cranes and another barge in there.The water was muddy and clear full of trash.I don't mean trees and logs,it was full of actuall garbage.......I then went to Racine .The water was excellent.....I used jigs and live minnows and still got skunked.....I have been trying to catch sauger for a week now with no success at all!I am about out of ideas confused confused I would think they should bite even if it is a little cold.I have caught tons of them in the spring.I just can't figure this early bite out at all Embarassed Embarassed ...Thanks for listening to me whine Crying or Very sad ...Joe
Bowjo
Bowjo
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by kmjschulz Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:31 pm

How do u get to these places from athens? Also is there usually a lot of ppl fishing there?
kmjschulz
kmjschulz
Outdoorsman 2
Outdoorsman 2

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:07 pm

bowjo, welcome, we will be headin down next weekend, you are more than welcome to go, they was not hittin well at all on jigs, minnows under slip floats 18 fow, jig bite should turn on soon, those damn saugeye can be a royal pain. i fished one day for three hours with out a bite them blam there on fire and then they shut off. just keep pluggin away and don't give up. kelam, go past coolville and go right on sr 144 to hocking port then turn right on sr 124 and go to reedsville, access is on the left as you are goin out of town by the ballfield, just a dirt lane.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:12 pm

forgot to add i like belleville better than racine, just my personal preference
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by AllWeatherAngler Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:53 pm

Try slower techniques with your retrieve. Lighter jig heads in the 1/8 to 1/16 th oz realm. Try different colors like pearl, milk salt&pepper, pink, orange, clear chartreuse, green/chart. seem to work well. Clear water usually pulls out a shade of white from my box. Like Jim said, try a slipfloat with large minnow or shiner under it. The water is lower now so a float set at 14 or 15 foot may be the trick. At any rate try to get your bait about 6" to a foot off the bottom. You can also use crappie rigs with minnows on the bottom for similar results. Hope this helps ya! Was down on Monday and did OK.
AllWeatherAngler
AllWeatherAngler
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bowjo Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:42 pm

Thanks alot AW,maybe I'll see you down there some time.I will probably be down there this week ...Joe
Bowjo
Bowjo
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down