Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lake snowden trip

5 posters

Go down

Outdoors lake snowden trip

Post by saugeye1 Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:56 am

me ans awa got to the lake around 330 or so and fished till just about dark, we both got a few gills and awa a nive channel and a lm bass. slip floats were the trick again with every thing from meal and waxies to minnows and redworms, couple pics[img]lake snowden trip Picture008-4[/img][img]lake snowden trip Picture007-4[/img]
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: lake snowden trip

Post by AllWeatherAngler Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:10 am

You couldn't have posted a goofier looking picture of me if you tried! LMAO! Had a good time yesterday. Looking forward to some improved fishing with the improving weather. Saturday is looking pretty good so far!
AllWeatherAngler
AllWeatherAngler
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:01 pm

LOL nice fishing in the rough weather as of late.

I see a team member in the making Jim Wink
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:23 am

i here you jonny
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bowjo Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:24 pm

Folks,don't let AWA fool you.....thats the way he looks in real life lol! ....sorry ..................
Bowjo
Bowjo
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:14 am

good one joe, i guess if i started catchin the fish he could take goofie pics of me.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by AllWeatherAngler Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:24 pm

Yeah, glad all you guys got a good laugh! Speaking of catching fish though..... Caught two Fish Ohio white crappies and thought I had a Fish Ohio channel cat but, I missed it by an inch! Crappies were 13 1/8 and 14 1/14 while the channel cat was 25" and weighed 6lbs 5oz. All fish were released to be caught again another day!lake snowden trip 2010fishpics024[/url]lake snowden trip 2010fishpics026[/url]
AllWeatherAngler
AllWeatherAngler
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by AllWeatherAngler Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:30 pm

BTW I'll be there tonight too!
AllWeatherAngler
AllWeatherAngler
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Limmit Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:07 pm

Nice job on the slabs!!!
Kenny Limmit
Kenny Limmit
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:47 pm

cameron get outa my spot, your killin me, hey i can fish saturday afternoon again till after dark or a little if u have not made any plans yet
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bowjo Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:58 am

That's pretty good there AWA!!!!......I hope you guys keep posting pics.,as I am working night shift 12 hours a day.So fishing for me has stopped for a while Crying or Very sad Sad .........Joe
Bowjo
Bowjo
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:45 am

Those crappies are pigs and that cat is fat!!!

C'mon and catch em
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by AllWeatherAngler Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:42 pm

Went back out to Snowden last night and found a few fish. Caught over a dozen 12-14" bass, 4 decent cats and 14 crappie two of which were Fish Ohio at 13" and 13 3/4" respectively. This was what we all caught between 3 people. I am also posting pictures of my sauger pics that I failed to get on here one late night! Glad you guys enjoy the pics! I'll post them as often as I can get the time. I will be on vacation for the next week and a half. I will be taking lots of pictures but I may not be able to post them until after the break. I'll still post reports often.[url=lake snowden trip 10-11]lake snowden trip 3FOsauger10-11lake snowden trip 14mix10-17lake snowden trip 1310-17lake snowden trip 10-17
AllWeatherAngler
AllWeatherAngler
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by AllWeatherAngler Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:01 pm

BTW. Just to share the insight for those who may not know how to get on these early slabs. Find shallow water preferably with a mud bottom. Determine which shallow section gets the most sun throughout the day on these early sunny days. If you have an area that receives sun from morning through evening on a mud bottom you will find the fish there. ALL OF THEM, most of them anyways will be there. All species of fish find this scenario too attractive to pass up. The earliest days I will have my best luck on minnows fished under a float. As the water warms so does the crappie's appetite for artificials. I almost always concentrate my efforts in 1-5 feet of water this time of year through May at least. I anticipate a good bite for Friday evening and Saturday at times throughout the whole day, providing weather forecasts don't change too drastically. Also, clear days are bad fishing most of the time. Remember, "Not a cloud in the sky, not a fish in the boat". Its true!! Fishing will be slow at best on these days unless you're after temperate basses or skippies. Hope this helps someone
AllWeatherAngler
AllWeatherAngler
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down