Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storm of the century!

5 posters

Go down

Big Grin Storm of the century!

Post by OhioFisher Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:30 pm

I have done a lot of shoveling today, anyone else getting hit? lol!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Big Grin Re: Storm of the century!

Post by Kenny Limmit Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:21 pm

Same here, shoveled 3 times today. Those drifts in the driveway get big quick Mad
Kenny Limmit
Kenny Limmit
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Intimidator Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:32 pm

No shoveling here.....we have 1/4 to 1/2 inch of ice on everything and expecting more. I've layed down (3) 40lb bags of Enviro Friendly Ice Melter and it has barely made a dent in it. Temp has been in the 20's all day and it's still raining...then it flash freezes. There's gonna be alot more trees we can put into CJ after this storm is over (30 to 40 mph winds tonight)SmileSmileSmile
Intimidator
Intimidator
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:32 pm

Wow crazy how it varies!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by rogue Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:26 am

Well it's 11:20 and The hooker and I been outside listening and watching trees and tree limbs fall . There falling about 1 every 20-40 seconds and the wind ain't even here yet . I can't wait to see what morning brings . Rogue .
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Intimidator Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:42 am

We dodged a bullet! Went to bed last night and we had more ice than I had even seen on the trees and lines, I told my wife we were going to wake up to a disaster. We said a prayer and went to bed....woke this morning to heavy wind...looked out and there was no ice on any of the trees and lines and no damage. Hopefully everyone else is OK!
Intimidator
Intimidator
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by spfldbassguy Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:54 pm

Hey anyone know what happened to the global warming that we all was supposed to be scared of?
spfldbassguy
spfldbassguy
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Intimidator Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:50 pm

I want global warming..piss on the polar bears, they can evolve or we can put them in a zoo..I'd be happy as long as I can fish CJ year round in 70 degree weather:)SmileSmile
Intimidator
Intimidator
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:13 pm

Lol fook that global warming!!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Intimidator Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:25 am

So, I guess everyone came out of this storm OK? I guess we have some more "beautiful" weather coming this weekend and the first of next week. Hopefully the "rodent" knows what he's taking about and spring is just around the corner:)SmileSmile
Intimidator
Intimidator
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:00 am

Lol we have three inches on the way for monday! I hope he is wrong b/c I want some erie HAWGS
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Intimidator Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:19 am

I want some "Lake Erie Of The South" Wall'y' Gators, hopefully in about a month:)Smile. I would like to get a 30-incher this year, as long as I've fished that lake and as many 'Gators as I have caught....I still have never pulled a 30....plenty of 29's, 29.5, 29.75+, but never a 30. I don't know why...I put back all the big ones and never keep more than we can eat (I like my "eaters" from about 17 to 22 inches). All I'm askin' for is ONE Big one over 30". LOL:)SmileSmile
Intimidator
Intimidator
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by rogue Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:35 pm

Well we made it through , but the next morning was a site to be hold . Big limbs were down everywhere , elect. was out north and south of our town but we was lucky we still had it . We seen some transformers blow that night but our lights just kept flickering all night . I've been real busy chipping limbs for customers . I have to go look at a dozer job next week to look at over at Buckeye Lake so I'm going to take my poles and kill two birds with one stone ( I will post what I don't catch due to my ability) .Rogue
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Intimidator Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:51 pm

rogue wrote:Well we made it through , but the next morning was a site to be hold . Big limbs were down everywhere , elect. was out north and south of our town but we was lucky we still had it . We seen some transformers blow that night but our lights just kept flickering all night . I've been real busy chipping limbs for customers . I have to go look at a dozer job next week to look at over at Buckeye Lake so I'm going to take my poles and kill two birds with one stone ( I will post what I don't catch due to my ability) .Rogue

The Ice falling off in the night surely saved us....Alot of people weren't as lucky!

For someone that has a very good "Feel" and "Knowledge" of fishing your negative outlook will not lead to success. You know "middle ice" conditions are already tougher than normal due to the extreme cold temps. If you are going to fish, then decide what areas give you the best chance of success and then fish them, you know what lures/bait work best so use them, use your experience....if you don't catch fish then realize you have done your best and either the fish aren't there or they aren't biting....it's not because you do not have the ability.
SpfldCrappieGuy has the same outlook sometimes and it pisses me off, after fishing with him last year and exchanging ideas, he is psyched for this year and I have no doubt it will be one of his best....ever! You guys are too good of Anglers to let your Mental attitude ruin your abilities...but you do! So quit feelin' sorry for yourself and Fish!SmileSmileSmile
Intimidator
Intimidator
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down