Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ice Fishing Cats

3 posters

Go down

Fishing Ice Fishing Cats

Post by OhioFisher Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:39 pm

OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Re: Ice Fishing Cats

Post by Flathead King 06 Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:33 pm

I read an article in InFisherman magazine not too long ago about ice fishing the rivers for big channels... they had pictures of some nice ones, but ice fishing a river!!! CRAZY!
Flathead King 06
Flathead King 06
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by bugeyedjig Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:06 am

i missed the article, but i have a ton of their movies. my favorite one is when they are in a boat with snow on the banks and snow falling, and they are sitting in a boat vertical jigging flathead catfish in the 30 pound range. like to see someone get that baby thru an 8 inch hole. heck, i'd like to try! Very Happy Laughing
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Flathead King 06 Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:20 am

bugeyedjig wrote:my favorite one is when they are in a boat with snow on the banks and snow falling, and they are sitting in a boat vertical jigging flathead catfish in the 30 pound range

Most of the time when you see fishermen targeting wintering flatheads, the vertical jigging presentation 90% of the time snags the fish... Ive seen some videos of it from time to time and most fish are hooked in the head area and not in the mouth... because once the water temp drops below a certain degree, flatheads as well as most other big cats become so lethargic they seem to be in a comatose state and rarely move at all....
Flathead King 06
Flathead King 06
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down