Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BAD WEEKEND. HAD PLANS, BUT DIDN'T WORK OUT.

3 posters

Go down

Outdoors BAD WEEKEND. HAD PLANS, BUT DIDN'T WORK OUT.

Post by bugeyedjig Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:54 am

it all started friday night. we had the plans made for our trips out. gear ready and bait. excited and ready to go. kim calls on way home from work friday night at 10 pm. power steering pump blew up in truck. she had her sister run her home. so saturday morning i get up and head into town to get it going. drove it home with no power steering. don't know how they did that in the old days. i tear it down out in the garage and my buddy shows up as parts runner. we get the stuff and under the truck i go....all fixed and only 12:30. lets fish!!! we head out, arrive at the pond and drill twelve holes along a drop off. RING...RING. frozen pipes....ring ring..water spraying everywhere.....ring ..ring....can't get water shutoff, flooding laundry room and kitchen. so i pack up my stuff and head home, throw the tools in the truck and off to work i go. 6 pm i am finally done and head home wet and cold. still have sunday to fish. sunday morning 7:30 am...ring ..ring....busted waterlines. throw tools back in truck and off i go. at noon i am headed home, still have time to fish. call my buddies and make the plans. sit down to eat a sandwich, and RING..RING. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, SO OFF TO WORK I GO AGAIN. HOME AT 3:15. call the guys and tell them i am coming, for convenience and time we fish the pond we have never been on. was so excited forgot second set of socks, hand warmers, and coffee. paid for it. takes 25 minutes to get to the pond from my house. wind had picked up and we were in the shade behind a woods; couldn't stand it for long. with no fish and freezing, i packed it in at 5. not real happy. will have to try to get out this week a little. dan didn't get anything either and neither did al.
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: BAD WEEKEND. HAD PLANS, BUT DIDN'T WORK OUT.

Post by Flathead King 06 Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:34 am

things like that always happen when you make plans to go fishing... especially in this type of weather Rolling Eyes
Flathead King 06
Flathead King 06
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:23 pm

Wow thats a bad day...
We had the same waher backed up ppes flooding deal the other day.
Icouldn't agree more thats its no fun...
Hope your week gets better!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down