Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jugging

3 posters

Go down

Outdoors Jugging

Post by ratherbefishing Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:56 pm

Any of you guys ever do it? Seems like a killer method for people who want to keep everything, I am guessing that the mortality rate is pretty high.
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: Jugging

Post by Flathead King 06 Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:59 pm

ratherbefishing wrote:Any of you guys ever do it? Seems like a killer method for people who want to keep everything, I am guessing that the mortality rate is pretty high.

not really as high as you think as long as the proper precautions are taken...CIRCLE HOOKS!!! As long as you prepare your jugs with them, usually you hook a fish right in the corner of the mouth...

I have used jugs before but never done well off them except for catching turtles... I prefer to set bank lines and limb lines... they stay in one spot and you dont have to work as hard Laughing
Flathead King 06
Flathead King 06
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:30 am

ahh, brings back memories, have not jugged fished since high school. used to go camping and jug fishing on weekends, lots of fun back then.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ratherbefishing Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:05 pm

I have always thought it looked like something that would be fun to do.
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:15 pm

was a blast, rowing around 12' jon hunting for the jugs wondering what was on the end.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum