Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Boat

5 posters

Go down

Outdoors New Boat

Post by Flathead King 06 Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:51 pm

SO EXCITED!!! getting my new boat in the next 2 weeks... it's a 16' fully welded aluminum jon boat... going to put a 40HP evinrude on it... going to be one hell of a river fishing boat for cats and crappie... will post pics when I get it as the "before" pics, and once I get it completely fixed up I will post the "after" pics for comparison
Flathead King 06
Flathead King 06
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: New Boat

Post by ratherbefishing Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:37 pm

That's great... you gonna have room for one more on that thing? I'm going to be getting into crappie fishing this year for the first time so I'me looking for any excuse.
Enjoy the boat buddy....
You gonna name it?
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:50 pm

SOUNDS awesome!!!!!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Flathead King 06 Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:58 pm

ratherbefishing wrote:That's great... you gonna have room for one more on that thing? I'm going to be getting into crappie fishing this year for the first time so I'me looking for any excuse.
Enjoy the boat buddy....
You gonna name it?

Will always have an open seat for whoever wants to join... dont know about a name yet... just looking for an affordable used 20-25 horse motor right now, my cousin has a 50 horse he has offered me which I am leaning towards since I just realized the prices of new and used motors
Flathead King 06
Flathead King 06
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:04 pm

congrats on the new boat, for the name how bout flatheadkings fishin machine.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:05 pm

nice bass in your avatar ratherbe.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ratherbefishing Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:11 pm

caught that one during the pre-spawn at lake Toho in 2006. That one was about 4.5 pounds... the one my wife caught just after that was about 5.5.
I caught a 7.7 the night before. I have a pic of that too. I'll set it as my avatar sometime.
Thanks for the compliment.

hey flathead... if you find a motor let me know where you get it and if they have any more.. my budding who is just joining the site is looking for one too.
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:18 pm

my biggest, never had it weighted, had mounted though, was 21" long and 20" girth.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Flathead King 06 Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:15 am

ratherbefishing wrote:caught that one during the pre-spawn at lake Toho in 2006. That one was about 4.5 pounds... the one my wife caught just after that was about 5.5.
I caught a 7.7 the night before. I have a pic of that too. I'll set it as my avatar sometime.
Thanks for the compliment.

hey flathead... if you find a motor let me know where you get it and if they have any more.. my budding who is just joining the site is looking for one too.

I think im going to go with the one my cousin has offered me... its a 50HP evinrude '88 model and he's willing to part with it for me for $500... I was also talking to a guy on OGF about 18HP and 25HP long shaft mercs he had for sale... Ill keep you posted on it though
Flathead King 06
Flathead King 06
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ratherbefishing Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:32 am

Thanks I appreciate it.. so will my buddy
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by downtime Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:00 pm

Congrats on the boat Flathead, some times on the name all you have to say is a name out of the blue and it fits.
downtime
downtime
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by ratherbefishing Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:14 pm

DT I have a name for that boat on your avatar... "ratherbe's".. where's that rod you were gonna get me?
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down