Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video

4 posters

Go down

Outdoors Video

Post by Bigbass101 Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:02 am

I have a question regarding making videos for the internet. I've always used my digital camera's in the past to make short clip fishing video's. That was never a problem.

Since that time, I have just recently purchased a small hand held camcorder. I'm wondering what the best way to transfer video from the camcorder to the computer is. It came with a small cassette tape. I'm wondering if burning it to dvd then uploading it to the computer is the best, or only option? Any ideas? Anyone have any experience they can share? thanks in advance for the replies.
Bigbass101
Bigbass101
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: Video

Post by ratherbefishing Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:51 am

I have a DVD recorder and from what my wife says all you have to do is load the discette into the C drive... I think if you can burn your VHS to a DVD and then load it into C drive you should be in good shape.... this all depends on your software package and what kind of editing program you have.... if you know anybody who has a Mac it's really easy to do this kind of stuff. (other than that I think Macs are hard to use)
Ohiofisher is the authority on this matter, he has a ton of videos on youtube.

it would be nice if our members could make this site the go to for vidorgraphic based... "this is where and how I'm doing it."
That would make us really unique.
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:50 pm

Too bad you got a miniDV
How long ago did you purchase it?

Can you give me some more specs such as
brand
software it came with
your pc
length of videos

I'll be able to help you and or walk you through just about anything Wink
Jonny
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigbass101 Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:52 am

Well I purchased a economical Canon ZR900. I was the best rated on Consumer Reports for it's price range. Today I figured out how to put it on my VCR and burn it to DVD. The only problem is my PC won't play the disc. I have a older hard drive in a Dell Demension 8250. From my understanding is I need a IEEE-1394 connection or Firewire. From what I gather from from my hard drive is that it was ahead of it's time. I believe it has the connection already. So I may need to buy the wire to connect it to the camera. Not really sure, because this is all new to me. I'll figure it out, and will get it done as long as it doesn't cost me anymore cash right now.

I really like the camcorder. It works like a charm.
Bigbass101
Bigbass101
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:10 pm

Yep with VHS recorders you can use the firewire cable that costs about $20 or so I think...

Sounds like you were in the same boat as me when I first got my cam, it took me over a year to get it working!!! As I look at your Cam I noticed it's the same oneour school carried and we used. We used firewire and it did some excellent direct uploads. I think you should be good to go once you get that Wink

Hope too see some fishing vids!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigbass101 Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:50 pm

Thanks. I'll post some fishing videos if all goes well.
Bigbass101
Bigbass101
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by BassinMaumee Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:22 pm

how much would a decent camcorder cost to do this?
BassinMaumee
BassinMaumee
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by ratherbefishing Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:28 pm

MY wife and I bought a display model from walmart for 150 it was retail 499. You can find all kinds of deals on this kind of thing right now.
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down