Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

after saturday t-storms---caught fish

+2
OhioFisher
bugeyedjig
6 posters

Go down

Outdoors after saturday t-storms---caught fish

Post by bugeyedjig Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:23 pm

kim and the boys and i got out yesterday morning to a private pond from 12-3:30. fished redworms 5 feet deep on jigs and slip bobber. elliott got the only bluegill, 8 incher, kim nailed a bass on a spinnerbait which i couldn't believe this early in the year, and when the sun came out we beat up a few bass on bobber and redworm. nice to be out in just sweatshirts, thoug it was a little windy, we had a good time. elliott would throw out each time and tell us he was in the best spot. we would tell him great cast and he would thank us each time Laughing . wyatt is more of a short time fisherman, and was happy to explore the rocks for bugs and collect seeds in a bottle from some tree, after 20 minutes or so of fishing. on the other hand i had to drag kim from the water at 3:30 and promise pizza so she wouldnt have to cook. Laughing . heres our catch; last of the bass we'll be keeping till next winter, but they were a blast to land.....after saturday t-storms---caught fish Img_2110
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: after saturday t-storms---caught fish

Post by OhioFisher Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:46 pm

tongue sounds like a fun day with the family for sure!
Always enjoy the pics!!!
How big was that middle bass?
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by bugeyedjig Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:01 pm

right around 2 pounds.....didn't weigh it
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:17 pm

great pics and enjoyable time with family, anything better.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ratherbefishing Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:42 pm

It's so nice to be able to share what we do with our kids, my daughter will be old enough this year to know what's going on when we're fishing and she's always interested in my fishing stuff when I have it out... she loves minnows.... can't wait to take er out this year.
Nice report, great pic!

good fishin'

ratherbe
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BrendanK Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:59 pm

i dont care what people do but i do get pretty upset when they keep bass...like not 1 or 2 hear and there when tehy keep all the ones they catch it really does get me mad when people dont throw atleast some stuff back.

Last edited by bugeyedjig on Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : swearing)
BrendanK
BrendanK
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:16 pm

he's well within his rights on his size and bag limit, around here with the economy the way it is some people need to keep the fish they catch. i personally never ate a bass but do not have a problem with it as long as they don't break the law, which in bugeyes posititon he did not break any laws.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigbass101 Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:25 pm

I believe it was stated they fished a private pond. So daily bag limits would not apply. Each body of water has a harvested amount that won't affect the fishery. Long as they aren't keeping too many, it shouldn't upset the balance of the pond. Basic Pond Management and Raising Trophy Bass by Bob Lusk are good books to read for pond owners.
Bigbass101
Bigbass101
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down