Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bitsy small crankbaits

+2
OhioFisher
bugeyedjig
6 posters

Go down

Outdoors bitsy small crankbaits

Post by bugeyedjig Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:31 pm

any of you ever fish these bitsy small crankbaits by mr. twister? we bought a few to try this year, since the magazines all say they work so good. tried throwing the crawfish yesterday, nice action and runs really true, but too aggressive this early.bitsy small crankbaits Img_2010. just a little tip if you do fish them; talked with a guy from mr. twister and he says to add a small split ring to the fish looking one it will run better. when you buy them from walmart they come 2 in a pack. 1 of each type, but the crawfish is the only one with the split ring, so run over to jewelry dept. and buy a bag of their smallest split rings...you'll need them.
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: bitsy small crankbaits

Post by OhioFisher Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:50 pm

Nice tip,
I like the rebel wee craw about the same Wink
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ratherbefishing Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:30 pm

I love crickethoppers and those little ants abd bumblebugs that rebel makes.... lots of fun, great action and I have caught everything on them.
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:29 pm

i'm with ratherbe, love the crickhopper, gills slam it on top, almost like fishin for bucketmouths.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Flathead King 06 Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:49 pm

Im a fan of the crickhopper and the rebel tadpole... they make killer cranks for spawning bull bluegill in the shallows in the early summer
Flathead King 06
Flathead King 06
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:41 pm

wife caught a 24" muskie below alum ck spillway on rebel tadpole, could not believe she got it in.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ratherbefishing Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:47 pm

Those Musky don't mess around. I was fishing a little cove for bass at the north end of Alum about 4 years ago.. it was early in the morning and I had something take a swing at a white buzzbait and miss it.. I went back over the same spot with a skitterpop and got absolutly blasted by one of those suckers. I had no chance at getting this thing in and after the fish shifted out of park he had his way with my $7 lure. I didn't get a great look at it, but I'd say it was at least 20lbs.
I left wondering what got into people that they'd fish for these things.... then a couple weeks later I was back in the same spot with an Abu Garcia and some heavier line....
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:00 pm

never got a muskie, have caught pike in canada but that was in 2000. would love to live farther north to fish for those toothy critters on a regular basis.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Flathead King 06 Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:08 pm

saugeye1 wrote:never got a muskie, have caught pike in canada but that was in 2000. would love to live farther north to fish for those toothy critters on a regular basis.

I've never caught one nor even fished for them... and I live within 30 mins of several lakes and even the gmr, just never done it yet
Flathead King 06
Flathead King 06
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:15 pm

pike or muskie?
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Flathead King 06 Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:15 am

sadly, I have to say both...
Flathead King 06
Flathead King 06
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:28 pm

better get after em Laughing
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Powerman2442 Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:27 am

I like to use Strike King Bitsy Minnows (seen here --> http://reviews.basspro.com/2010/29847/reviews.htm <--). They have pretty good reviews on that site and I would say it is fun to use to catch bluegill, sunfish, crappie, and small bass. The only thing that is bad about it is being so small some bigger fish inhale it. I personally use it like you would use a popper/jerkbait. Since it floats a lot of the time I cast it, let it hit and sit for a second. Most of the time I get a bite as soon as it hits the water if it doesn't I pop it back or jerk it back to shore (I've never use it like a crankbait). Most of the time I get a fish every cast.
Powerman2442
Powerman2442
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:08 am

You must have a good spot to fish Very Happy

I also like the bisty minnows in firetiger color, but like you said, lots of small ones...
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Powerman2442 Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:05 pm

I normally use it at local city ponds, works nicely for the bluegill and sunfish. Every now and then you get a little bass of some sort. Took it to my friend's aunt's private pond and was pulling bluegill 1/2 lbs. or bigger out.
Powerman2442
Powerman2442
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down