Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indian Lake south bank

4 posters

Go down

Outdoors Indian Lake south bank

Post by ratherbefishing Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:16 pm

The saugeye bite had slowed quite a bit, for a few days there, but they're hitting pretty well on the South side. Try tightlining any of your saugeye lakes right now and yu should do well as the fish are holding really tight to the bottom and sticking close to beds. They seem to be more aggressive in the 3-5 o'clock timeframe. I had some good bites earlier in the week with the wind stacking the fish up a little on the south end.

I'll be going out for a few hours tomorrow early afternoon to see if there is any difference in the way they bite.

Good fishin'

ratherbe
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: Indian Lake south bank

Post by OhioFisher Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:50 pm

I never seemed to figure out ehy they tightlined for saugs...
Seems weird lol
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by bugeyedjig Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:23 pm

brother in law was there today, said it was real slow, and he got skunked., but that was around 3 when he left...might have missed the bite
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Post by downtime Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:35 pm

I was their yesterday morning from 830 to about 130 pm water was anywhere from 46 to 50. I didn't get skunked but I thing the minnow was bigger than the crappie. Fisher men in lucy's pond,reserv,dream bridge areas for the most part said it was slow and I'll atest to that.
downtime
downtime
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by ratherbefishing Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:00 pm

Fishing was slow today, my dad and I went out for about 3 hours before and after noon. They were right off the bank, and I actually lost what would have been a Personal Best Evil or Very Mad , but oh well. We had a good time. I wound up losing 3 fish without landing even one. They were in there, just not biting all that well.

As far as tightlining... At Indian Lake tightlingis an institution for people fishing from the bank, especially around the equinox when the eyes are holding tight to the bottom and bedding up. A minnow on a nice lightweight hook with about a 2' lead up from an egg sinker will destroy the eyes when they're in the main lake body.

My bites today came on a Vib"e" 3/8oz. Chart/pink belly, and a minnow on the bottom.

Good fishin'

ratherbe
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:03 pm

Hmh
Too bad ya lost that fish!!!
She's still there!