Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lima lake..now called ottawa metro park

3 posters

Go down

Outdoors lima lake..now called ottawa metro park

Post by bugeyedjig Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:42 pm

we talked with a park ranger today, and they are trying to find the money to dredge lima lake or treat it chemically this year for the bad weed problem. that place is so bad, you can't hardly maneuver a boat anymore. but it is so full of perch, saugeye, bluegills, smallmouth, largemouth, and crappie i hope they are able to do it. we fished this place when i was in my 20's and it was awesome. you could fill a bucket in no time. should have been down there ice fishing this past winter but forgot about it. only open water now is 40 feet or so from bank, so if they dont clean it up, ice fishing would be the only way to fish it. but can you imagine a lake this established already, and noone fish it all summer in prime time. ice fishing would be awesome.
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: lima lake..now called ottawa metro park

Post by saugeye1 Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:34 pm

maybe they could use some of the 990 million dollars the got when the sold buckeye lake.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by bugeyedjig Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:11 pm

its not run by odnr...it is an independent park district... i thought the same thing when he was telling us
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:05 am

Yeah, what Jim said lol
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:16 pm

sorry bugeye still steamed about that sale, i caught and realeased my biggest saugeye to date from that lake. 25" i just refuse to pay to fish their.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down