Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

report, nice weekend

5 posters

Go down

Outdoors report, nice weekend

Post by kprice5 Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:05 pm

Friday, got home from toledo around 5 30 decided to hit Hinckley lake since it was stocked with trout in the morning. Ended up getting my limit in about an hour. Weather was horrible so there were about ten guys fishing the lake. I was using a weighted bobber about 5 feet down wtih orange power bait. No other colors really produced like the orange. Went Saturday at sunrise with my uncle and really put on a clinic lol. Started off with a quick 5 between the 2 of us. Just the typical bobber and orange power bait. There were probaly 30 guys fishing around us and we maybe saw 2 reeled in. After it started to slow down around 9 30, the lake turned into a zoo, I decided to throw a 1/8 oz chatreuse rooster tail at them, and ended up getting our limit in about 45 min. Really started to get mad when guys were getting as close as possible to me. Went back this morning at sunrise back to hinckley, and learned sometimes they are bitin and sometimes they are not. I fished from 6 45AM to 4 PM. We got our 15 limit, but damn, ha thats a long day.

report, nice weekend 177

report, nice weekend 178
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: report, nice weekend

Post by OhioFisher Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:51 pm

Nice pictures!!
Love the trout stockings!!
Man you guys really loaded up too!!!
O and the dang horners I can't stand them either!!

Good Job-Keep It Up!
:featured:
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kprice5 Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:12 am

oh yeah, they really get annoying. One guy asked to use my bait lol. I laughed and told him how to get to the nearest bait store. I was constantly getting asked what I was using, whats my technique with the rooster tail what lb test etc etc. I just wanted to say just shut up and fish!
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by bugeyedjig Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:14 am

you have 3 in the picture that are really big, what did they weigh? awesome fish! i am surprised one of the crowd didn't stand on your shoulders. Exclamation
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:31 am

nice mess of fish, should have sold your power bait, only $45 a jar. thats usually why i wait a week or two after they stock, just can't understand people crowdin u in like that. anyways great catch and it looked like u showed em a thing or two
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ratherbefishing Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:55 am

Just tell'um your bait's homemade!
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kprice5 Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:31 pm

ha yeah, it's not like I was using anything out of the ordinary lol. The water was so muddy the fish were not close to the bank like they usually are. I think thats why alot of people were getting skunked. Or the fact they are using hooks that are way to big. I was using a size 8 hook. I do not know how much they weighed, but they were around 15 inches.
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:16 pm

i like those little number 8's as well
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ratherbefishing Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:11 pm

I use the smallest size circle hooks I can get when I tightline, some people would be surprised I'm sure... if they knew how small a hook they should be using. And when using live bait a small hook allows for more natural movement.
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down