Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scouting

4 posters

Go down

Funny scouting

Post by kprice5 Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:34 pm

Me n my buddy decided to do alil scouting since it was raining a bit on friday. We found alot of turkey droppings below the trees they usually roost in. Also found scratching all over the place. Also got permission from the neighbor to hunt turkey and deer during bow. The guy turned me down 3 years in a row since his wife loved animals lol. His answer changed this year since he caught her cheating on him hahahah. She is out of the house now.

I went back in the woods at around 6 20 am on easter sunday before I went fishing for trout at hinckley lake lol. I gave out a couple calls with the mouth call and got a gobble that sounded about 100 yards away coming from the ridge I normally hunt. I gave it 5 min then let out a pretty agressive call and heard 3 gobbles. Im counting down the days till opening weekend!!!!!!! Laughing
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Funny Re: scouting

Post by OhioFisher Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:02 pm

Sounds real good to me!!!
I'll be going this weekend!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by BB Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:23 pm

Seems like the gobblers are really starting to strut their stuff now. We were out Sunday morning also and heard alot of gobbling in the corner of the property we hunt. After fly down we checked a few areas then headed home. On the way home we checked a power line right of way. There were 17 hens and 7 good sized gobblers in the clear cut. We're thinking it was the same group we were watching earlier. Sure gets the blood boilin'. Can't wait for next Monday.
BB
BB
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by kprice5 Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:55 pm

I really wish the season would start one week earlier. It seems like by opening weeking most of the toms already have a flock of hens with them. The youths have it made
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:07 pm

How old can you be till you can't "youth it" anymore?
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:08 pm

thats usually why we go to kentucky, earlier season and a ton more birds, did see three long beards in a field today, not quick enough to get any pics though
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:09 pm

believe youth is 17 and under
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:23 pm

Ha good Smile
We got some decoys at walmart that look REALLY GOOD for 15bucks!!!

Use the hair dryer to expand the rubber and they get big... Got 2 hens and a jake should have a nice flock Smile
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kprice5 Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:02 pm

yeah im pretty sure your right saugeye
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4