Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

park officers= pathetic

5 posters

Go down

Outdoors park officers= pathetic

Post by kprice5 Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:29 pm

I just got off the phone with my grandfather who has been fishin since he was able to walk and man was he shaken up. He always follows the rules and he was fishin hinckley lake on friday which was stocked by ohiodnr april 3rd I think with trout. He had 4 fish on his stringer when 2 park officers approached him. They asked to see his fish and he said sure no prob, gave him his licenses and his stringer of fish. Officers said he was in trouble and not to move. They came back with a ticket because 2 of the 4 fish were under 12 inches. I guess they even cracked some jokes about my grandfather saying how can an old guy like you not know the laws. He is an old guy and was really shooken up by the situation, he did not want tthis to be on his record. I called ohiodnr and asked what kind of morons are workin the parks department and told them the situation and they quickly said there is no size limit if its not stocked by the state. I already knew this, the ohiodnr guy was really nice I think his name was jason, he said he would take care of it, so he called the parks department and had the main guy call my grandfather and apologize. I felt really bad. It is sad how our parks department does not even know the laws hahaha. I guess they even posted signs saying there is a size limit on the lake and now they have to take them down lol
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: park officers= pathetic

Post by saugeye1 Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:00 pm

thats pathetic, i have no use for unproffesional park officers and game wardens, espicially win they don't even know there own laws. they need to treat people the way they want treated. glad everything worked out and he got his apology, still he did not need the stress and the embarrasment. they seem to forget sometimes who pays their salarys
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kprice5 Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:54 pm

yeah no kidding, you kinda have to to know my grandfather to realize how upset I was about the situation. I do not get why ohiodnr even stocked trout that were less than ten inches. The lake does not get cold enough for the fish to survive so its either catch em or nothing.
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:22 pm

Thats some real crap!!!

I kept over hearing people say at our derbys that the trout needed to be over twelve and I know if they're stocked thats not true...

Jus someone tryin to get some more money...

Hope you G-pa gets into some more fish!!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by bugeyedjig Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:41 am

glad to hear they got it reversed. dumb basta345!!!! easy target is an old person, they probably figured he wouldn't give them any trouble
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Post by motherccf Wed May 06, 2009 10:04 pm

At least somebody in the Park office was good enough to give your Dad an apology.
motherccf
motherccf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down