Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little help

3 posters

Go down

Outdoors Little help

Post by cantsleep Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:51 am

I'm near the LMR, and have never targeted sauger or eyes down here. I've fished for river walleyes in Wisconsin and am assuming that the same tactics would work down here.
What are some of your favorite baits, presentations, or water conditions that could help me get started? Help
cantsleep
cantsleep
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Outdoors The Lmr

Post by OhioFisher Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:54 pm

I fished actually fished the river few times but watched alot. Don't know your exact area but from what I've seen... Small Lure crankbaits in chrome/blue combos can work good. Mostly I've seen minnow and jigs get the most eyes. For water you would probably want clear normal flows... good Luck let us know how you do!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: Little help

Post by cantsleep Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:10 am

I was young when I fished 'em at my brothers in Wisc., and it seemed we fished a spillway w/Texas rigged crawlers and leaches. Did pretty well. Never tried cranks though, would deeper pools work better with cranks?
cantsleep
cantsleep
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Tactics

Post by OhioFisher Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:33 am

That Texas rigged combo seems a little odd-That could be a secret bait know on uses! Maybe you should try it Laughing About the cranks you don't necessarily need to deep of a pool some rapala lures only run a foot or two down I think you could get some eyes with that!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by cantsleep Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:54 am

Like I said, we were using that rig in a pool below a spillway, and it was high summer as well. Fish were probably deep trying to find cooler water. Come to think of it, it was also almost 30 years ago. Shocked
Thanks for the crank bait idea, I'll be giving it a shot as soon as I can get out!
cantsleep
cantsleep
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by FISHONAJ Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:26 am

I've had my best luck with jigs, but have caught some on a diving crankbait ( shad colored )

AJ
FISHONAJ
FISHONAJ
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum