Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time to spool the reels!

2 posters

Go down

Fishing Time to spool the reels!

Post by FishTails Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:15 pm

Well I got out of work early today and decided to go looking for open water...
Drove around Poratage Lakes
Time to spool the reels! Nspramp
New State Park Ramp
Old State looks the same. Did find some open at Long Lake.
Time to spool the reels! Will3-11-08
Well the boy and I watched a bobber for a few minutes. Hope to get the boat out this weekend. (even if it takes a chain saw and spud bar)
FishTails
FishTails

Back to top Go down

Fishing Fishing

Post by OhioFisher Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:54 pm

Nice Pics! I wish I could get out.... I think I might hit up a trout derby if I can find the time.... Let us know how ya do if ya get out!
BTW:About spooling the line jeeeez just fixed up our whole setup and totally redid everything!!!! Fishing Kit This year should be great!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Re:Fishing

Post by OhioFisher Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:11 pm

Did you get out?
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Kinda

Post by FishTails Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:47 pm

Made it out Saturday and Sunday. Typical first outing(s) of the year.
Managed to get the boat ready Friday night. Got to the where I keep it (I'm lucky and can winter it indoors at work) by 7:30 Saturday hooked it to the explorer and realized I didn't check the trailer lights.... Broken wire on the explorer. Unhitched, ran to Walmart, fixed the wire, re-hooked, got to the lake about 10:30/11:00. (Launch open, ran into some slush/thin ice in the middle) fished for about 1hr when the fish finder quit working. Stayed another hour or so. Only got 1 12" cat. Wish I knew the lake better and could have found the crappie....

Saturday was so nice weather wise. I figured I would make the needed repairs and try again. Launched @ 9:30 back on trailer by 10:30. Long story short, Wind and My son was cold.... Cold Ice/slush was way less than on Saturday.

Maybe this weekend??? Anyone in the Akron area with knowledge of Long lake they want to share would be great.
FishTails
FishTails

Back to top Go down

Fishing Portage Lakes

Post by OhioFisher Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:08 pm

Well at least you got out and DID catch A fish. cheers
The reports I've been hearing have been pretty slow-I just think the cabin fever is gettin to ya Wink You'll get em soon!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Re: Time to spool the reels!

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down