Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another weekend at CJ Brown (Great One ;))

2 posters

Go down

Fishing Another weekend at CJ Brown (Great One ;))

Post by OhioFisher Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:40 pm

As another weekend rolls on and supposedly the fishing is getting better for the walleyes I got my planer boards and made some harness' and just got everything set up Saturday night after seeing this nice 23in. eye come in from my uncles boat... He got it on a firetiger bomber trolling over 2.5mph! (Not the right boat or gear IMO but it worked lol)
Another weekend at CJ Brown (Great One ;)) 060509_1935
So bright and Early Sunday morning I get my trolling set up going tried lures in depths from 12 15 and 17 when available I didn't get a chance to run my worm harness' because there weren't any bait shops open that early. So first fish was a crappie of course, I decided to keep them that day.
Another weekend at CJ Brown (Great One ;)) DSCF2093
Another weekend at CJ Brown (Great One ;)) DSCF2094
Picked up some more of them, almost all coming on the smaller wally diver at 110 back.
After spending the better ppart of the morning coming up empty and hearing of another guy from another forum with 4 fish, I figured it just wasn't happening for me that day. So headed to the small cove on the west side and on my first cast I hooked a keeper crappie, and thought, o this is going to be good... Boy was I wrong! Just a bunch of bluegills and maybe one that would keep! But the cool thing here was a deer that walked accross the cove and was very close... A buck, just stood around Laughing
Another weekend at CJ Brown (Great One ;)) DSCF2096
Another weekend at CJ Brown (Great One ;)) DSCF2097
Another weekend at CJ Brown (Great One ;)) DSCF2099
Another weekend at CJ Brown (Great One ;)) DSCF2101
After only getting gills which is kind of odd for this lake, I headed back to the marina and fished with another forum friend who was actually a family friend I found out after fishing for awhile! I use my southern pro jig and got plenty of little ones then finally I got a real good rod bender, bring it up to the surface and it falls off, NOT A FISH STORY, Dan is a witness for sure on that one, I think it would have been at least 13in. So not even 5 minutes later I get another good one and I jerk it up onto the shore and it turns out to be my biggest this year at 12in!
Another weekend at CJ Brown (Great One ;)) DSCF2102
Another weekend at CJ Brown (Great One ;)) DSCF2104
I the eve I didn't get a chance to take my boat out but my uncle brought out his 19' maxum that hopefully we are taking to brookville lake soon?
Anyways we had some fun with that like all the other boat nicks Laughing then tolled the dam-nothing. Went to teh poles and I go a crappie on every cast or so for about a half hour. Only had three that would keep and caught a couple gills too (all released)THE PICTURE BELOW IS ALSO A PRETTY FUNNY ONE FROM THE MARINA
Another weekend at CJ Brown (Great One ;)) 0607091813
Another weekend at CJ Brown (Great One ;)) 0608091056
Then this morning I had high hopes because I would be able to use my bottom bouncers. The lake was flat calm almost and it being Monday, made for WAY less crowds
Another weekend at CJ Brown (Great One ;)) DSCF2105
Another weekend at CJ Brown (Great One ;)) DSCF2106
Another weekend at CJ Brown (Great One ;)) DSCF2107
Another weekend at CJ Brown (Great One ;)) DSCF2108
Another weekend at CJ Brown (Great One ;)) DSCF2109
So within a minute of putting the lines out I get a bite and think man this is gunna be good lol. Feels like a nice one but I figured there would be no way it was a walleye lol. I was right... Just a catfish
Another weekend at CJ Brown (Great One ;)) DSCF2110
I tried a wiggle wart today 90 back and it caught all the crappie, and yesterdays 110 back didn't get me one!!! I released all my fish today (feeling nice) but looking back at it, they were all better than 10in.! From the second pic I was heading in for a few to avoid the rain (JIC) and spotted loch ness Wink The boat sure was crankin fast!
Another weekend at CJ Brown (Great One ;)) DSCF2111
Another weekend at CJ Brown (Great One ;)) DSCF2112
Another weekend at CJ Brown (Great One ;)) DSCF2113
So after the little rain shower passes I head back out and again not long after putting in the lines I get something that looks like a fish lol, get it in and its a small perch(saw another dead one in the marina along with a bunch of crappie-which is a shame) Anyways I got the perch and some more crappies and besides losing one bottom bouncer that was severley snagged I was trolling in good areas and doing a good job, just didn't get any eyes Sad
Another weekend at CJ Brown (Great One ;)) DSCF2114
Another weekend at CJ Brown (Great One ;)) DSCF2115
Another weekend at CJ Brown (Great One ;)) DSCF2116
Another weekend at CJ Brown (Great One ;)) DSCF2117
And those crappies besides the other 35 I got at the marina(all super small) would finish my day and it was depressing doing such a good job but not getting any fish...

As always though I had lots of fun got some great pictures and am just learning more each time I go!!!
Happy Fishing
Jonny
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Re: Another weekend at CJ Brown (Great One ;))

Post by saugeye1 Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:37 am

great pics and another great weekend, i'm only gettin a few every time i go out, i guess your gonna have to teach me how to catch em. Very Happy
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down