Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portage Campout and Fishing

+2
idontknow316
OhioFisher
6 posters

Go down

Fishing Portage Campout and Fishing

Post by OhioFisher Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:15 pm

Well after having a "run-in" here at the house I decided to go ahead and leave and get grounded afterwards lol.

I found a spot away from the people and roads on almost a small beach area.. It was maybe 15 feet long, looks as other people had been around

It had a perfect little spot for a tent and the beach was almost a hidden treasure in our opinions Smile

After FINALLY getting there with my buddys bike with a flat tire and bringing our load full stuff to the spot we got set up

It wasn't five minutes and I had the first small channel. We kept them because our plan was to eat them later on...

We fished until around 6 o'clock and had a steady bite then we got a fire started and began the tough process of "surviving" on hardly any gear

We had one small plastic container(bowl like), a card board box, 2 rags, pop cans, some water and a fillet knife..

So the plan was to fillet em, wash em off, dip em in coke, and use honey grams as breadding pop them into a can and cook-and thats what we did
The cooking wasn't terrible on the first two fillets I did, they weren't over cooked and actually pretty edible
After that I tried one on a rotiserie and it was cooked to a crisp and (tasted even better which wasn't great) so I tried a couple rounds of this with the pop can idea and it wasn't nearly as good... Even tried eating sheephead(UUUHHHHGGGG-NASTY!!)
Didn't have a chance to cook anymore because...

We cooked for about 2 hours until we hear this tractor... uh oh, we saw him start working on our field, not that we were doing THAT much wrong, the fire was fine and we weren't deystroying anything... Well we still decided to do a little hiding Wink
Ripped the tent down and covered it with leaves and trees and put some other cover around our gear, it wasn't very noticible but we made sure it was GOOD
He got down to our spot and had just finished planting a row when he stops and GETS OUT!!!! We think o this is great lol... But instead he walks back behind the tractor and puts in some seed and never even notices us!!! What a relief that was!!!
But he left a couple rows...
Next morning at about 7 o 'clock (luckily we woke up about 6:30) we hear the tractor again and he heads straight down towards us as we are rushing to hide things again, he comes around a couple times, scaring us a bit lol but we are never seen and escape the "Tractor man"

Anyways...
Back to fishing

As this is going on we still have lines in the water and catching fish during this time...
Plenty to go around as I think we had 9 channels on the stinger at one time

The fish bit consistantly and we had quite a fun time as you could tell...
Enjoy the pictures
Ate (4 channels-2 Sheeps)(Rest Released)
Portage Campout and Fishing 0609091735
Portage Campout and Fishing 0609092201
Portage Campout and Fishing 0610090815a
Portage Campout and Fishing 0610090729
Portage Campout and Fishing Th_0610090702
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Re: Portage Campout and Fishing

Post by idontknow316 Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:09 pm

So are you grounded now? That would suck but it did sound like it was worth it. Wink I got skunked today, my boy had one on and it broke his line.
idontknow316
idontknow316
Outdoorsman 2
Outdoorsman 2

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:29 pm

Yep grounded for who knows how long lol

I'm having withdraws
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tod Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:48 am

It was worth it
Tod
Tod
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by idontknow316 Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:43 am

Hey you do the crime.....you do the time Very Happy
idontknow316
idontknow316
Outdoorsman 2
Outdoorsman 2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunandRun21 Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:11 pm

it was definitly worth it, my mom was so forgetful that i even got in trouble and i told her were i was going and even wors she was fine with it the day before Sad Very Happy
GunandRun21
GunandRun21
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by idontknow316 Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:14 pm

Love the random toilet seat lol lol!
idontknow316
idontknow316
Outdoorsman 2
Outdoorsman 2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunandRun21 Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:21 pm

respect the toilet seat man that saved my life.
GunandRun21
GunandRun21
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:33 pm

tell em u guys will take some whippins instead of the grounding so u can go fishin, iv'e got a ton of yard and garden work this weekend, so i will have to get my fix threw u guys
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:40 pm

Lol

I'm out of it now Wink
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by idontknow316 Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:19 pm

That was quick Jonny, did you do some a$$ kissing Razz
idontknow316
idontknow316
Outdoorsman 2
Outdoorsman 2

Back to top Go down

Post by luckylure69 Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:37 pm

lmao i love the toilet seat nothin like a great american outdoor S***! anyways love fishin the portage for cats and congrats on your fish. Hit toussaint wildlife area tonight and had a few cats and sheephead. bite was slow but fun.
luckylure69
luckylure69
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:37 pm

Haha nope, well of course a little but I just pleaded that I would start a crack habit if he didn't let me fish Very Happy

If he didn't let me out of this house man, I would have had to open a can
Portage Campout and Fishing Whoopass

I'll be on the big pond tomorrow Laughing
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:38 pm

luckylure69 wrote:lmao i love the toilet seat nothin like a great american outdoor S***! anyways love fishin the portage for cats and congrats on your fish. Hit toussaint wildlife area tonight and had a few cats and sheephead. bite was slow but fun.

Lol I hear that
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down