Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new trick

4 posters

Go down

Outdoors new trick

Post by kprice5 Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:14 am

just got back from fishin medina...only managed one 9 lber. Learned alot though from a few old timers there. Instead of staring at the line they had pop cans filled with small rocks and would attach it to the line by the top of the pop can by the spool and when a fish would hit the pop can would spill over and make a nice rattling noise. You would also open your spool after you attach the line to the pop can. ill take a pic soon and post it since my directions do not make much sense.
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: new trick

Post by saugeye1 Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:09 pm

them old timers are full of good tricks
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:30 pm

Yeah I heard that up in michigan one time... Never tried it

But if it will catch a 9lber Wink
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kprice5 Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:23 pm

yeah I cant wait to go back there im going to bring the gf so I can have 2 poles for walleye and 2 for cats. Night fishing has been amazing the past couple nights at medina lake. Bass are averaging just over 2 lbs and are biting on spinners and buzz baits really good at night. The occasional perch will also bite on small cranks. Also I have been seeing a few BIG bucks in the field I hunt... almost time to dig out that trail camera.
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by katfish Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:20 pm

Yea them old geezers sometimes have a good idea.
This pic was taken in 1970--I was taking a picture of the coon Old Man Story The mountain dew was my sons.

new trick Coon

I showed the trick to a boy 4 years ago and he didn't pull the tab off the can and his rod got pulled in. The reason I knew he didn't pull the tab off is that I got his outfit back in the morning but the fish got off.

Of course you knew if the fish didn't get off he would still be pulling the rod around.
katfish
katfish
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum