Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Ice at Indian Lake

3 posters

Go down

Outdoors New Ice at Indian Lake

Post by ratherbefishing Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:31 pm

Hey guys don't give up on Indian Lake.. It got blown out pretty bad on Christmas but it's making a comeback. Today is better than yesterday and we should be good around New Year's on at least part of the lake.

Long Island-
This is the most fishable area of the lake that I have found. It's a little tricky getting on the ice, but once you get out from shore you're not in bad shape. I'm giving it a couple more days before I head out with all my gear and really set up shop. Be careful if you do come out.

Moundwood-
The channel was all the way open with pieces floating around yesterday. Even today there were bank fishermen casting between the icejams. The channel is getting some freeze back into it but is still more open than skimmed. The lake beyond the channel mouth was open yesterday, but today is freezing up. I took some pictures that I'll put on tomorrow!

If you're thinking about going to the lake please consult someone beforehand, and don't overlook the let's talk fishing page on indianlake.com

Good Fishin'

RatherBe
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: New Ice at Indian Lake

Post by OhioFisher Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:58 am

Thanks for the ice report Ryan!

I have had some problems here at home, new years might not happen for me Sad
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:08 pm

how thick is the ice?
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ratherbefishing Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:51 am

I have an unconfirmed report of 5" at Long Is. out near the point. I saw this spot the other day and it was just starting to freeze back over from the christmas weather. I know there is good ice back between Long and Pony islands. Moundwood probably still has a way to go.. we'll be at long is. tomorrow for sure.
ratherbefishing
ratherbefishing
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:22 pm

me and rogue headin over friday, anyone else in
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator