Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Belleville Sauger & Walleye

3 posters

Go down

Outdoors Belleville Sauger & Walleye

Post by AllWeatherAngler Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:24 am

Went three days straight fishing the evenings a couple of weekends ago during the last warm up. We managed about 25-35 saugers a night fishing from 5-9pm. Have gone a few times since the cool down and nothing. The technique was pearl or milk salt/pepper colored 3" twister tails on 1/16 and 1/8 oz jigs any color. Tipped the jig/twister combo with a minnow riding piggyback. The retrieve was painstakingly slow almost not moving. Don't even use your reel handle for this one. Just a super slow lift and stop has been the ticket. No action on other bright colors yet. Fish have all been stuffed full of 3" shad but no luck on larger baits though. Heading down tonight possibly. No one has been there in any of our trips we've had it all to ourselves! Plenty of room for competition though!
AllWeatherAngler
AllWeatherAngler
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: Belleville Sauger & Walleye

Post by OhioFisher Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:16 pm

30 SAUGERS!!!!
WOW

I think you may have some competition coming from saugeye1!!! Thats in his backyard I think

Congrats!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:17 pm

30 wow exactly, may have to head that way soon.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by AllWeatherAngler Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:50 am

Fishing has been not so hot the past two trips. The night I posted was a total strikeout! We went down tonight and managed 1 nice perch and lost two nice eyes at the bank. We had sized down our baits and I think the small jig hook was a big factor in the losses. I keep ya'll posted!
AllWeatherAngler
AllWeatherAngler
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down