Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick CJ Report

2 posters

Go down

Fishing Quick CJ Report

Post by OhioFisher Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:00 pm

Hit the banks of the visitor center with MadFisher, (Dan) and his boy

Fished carolina rigged floaters and picked up 5 crappie and one smallie total
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Re: Quick CJ Report

Post by rogue Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:45 pm

OhioFisher went over there last night with the wife marked a real nice school of small fish not too far out and a little north of there , trolled thru it and pick up a 12" crappie . We went back towards the no-wake to the 16'/18'FOW and found Big marks stacked from 16' to 7' but no takers . I did see one guy I'm pretty sure was catchen ( kept going up on short drifts ), he was rite on the point in about 5' or so of water . Still no luck with the eyes . Hope you brought your gill net , I'm about ready to try one !
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:38 am

Quick CJ Report 0711090859
Quick CJ Report 0711091114
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by rogue Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:15 pm

Well I took Ohiofisher out Sunday morning on CJ , when we left the dock about 5am the fog was so bad we trolled too the spot where we wanted to fish . You couldn't see 30'ft most of the time . When we stopped to start casting we had every nat on that lake on the boat , and on us , on everything it was awful . We put our hooded jackets on with the hoods up and tied , I think I ate about twenty at one time . We was completely covered . They left a little before the sun and breeze came up . Anyhow we ended up with a mixed bag Crappie , white bass , yellow perch , and walleye . We didn't dominate any one species except the white bass . The biggest fish of the day (walleye) was hit square between the eyes with the net as I was reeling it in ( not going to say any names ), it was so hard it knocked it off a trouble hook and the fish sank tale first ( it look like George Clooney going down with his ship on the perfect storm movie ) . Well I do have to give Johnny credit he out fished me on my own boat 5 to 1 (how rude), next time I'm going to make him buy the gas that will teach him not to make me look so bad on my ability to catch fish . Still had a good day fishing on Brown with OhioFisher . Rogue
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:49 pm

Lol

Yep them nats were terrible

Thanks for the trip Brian!
Maybe next time you come up we'll take my dingy out and won't get those dam lines tangled. Laughing I cried myself to sleep after that one last night!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by rogue Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:22 am

Jonny didn't knock that fish off I was just messen with him , we waited on that fish all day long ! We talked about catchen a eye like that all day . We was almost to the dock to retire for the day so we started to bring the lines in I had mine half way in when the eye hit when he came to the top he tangled in another line which got slack in my line and just like that he was gone . He was about 10 or 12 yards from the boat when it happen . We waited 7.5 hours for that fish he was real nice . Jonny couldn't believe that just happened but I told him that's just a typical day for me and my luck I was not surprised . Well I know that there is one eye left in that lake that has my name on it so I'll go back someday and try again . Rogue
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down