Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why hunting should stay legal, my essay

5 posters

Go down

Hunting Why hunting should stay legal, my essay

Post by OhioFisher Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:18 pm

I wrote this last year for honors english, it was far from perfect but I think that right now the government is trying to take away our rights and this puts things in a good aspect IMO

Hunting; The Way Of Life
It is know that over 500,000 auto accidents in the U.S. were caused by animals just last year. This number could be much higher if it weren’t for hunters. They help control animal populations across the world. Hunting should remain legal for it controls animal population, it is an enjoyable sport, and it is an economical food source. (NRA-ILA)
Animal population control is a major factor in today’s world. The main resource that government and other associations utilize is hunting. Hunting is a traditional recreational activity in which over twenty million people ages sixteen and older participate. In the U.S. the white-tailed deer destroy crops, damages expensive landscaping, causes problems on roadways, removes habitat and food sources for other wildlife species. Hunters in many states can take advantage of liberal seasons and abundant game to benefit the balance of nature and save lives! Some people believe that regulated hunting can “wipe-out” a population of any species, this is not true. An example would be the Virginia deer population. In 2008 the herd was approximated at one million deer and hunters harvested approximately 250,000. The deer herd will almost double within the next year since deer are a renewable resource just like many other species! (Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries)

--
Hunters get rewards from time spent in the outdoors. Free time in the woods can take away stress and make you forget day-to-day problems. Being outdoors makes for an active lifestyle building strength and stamina which provides better overall health. Nothing brings alive your inner self or feeling one with the environment more than being in the woods. Hunting also builds self esteem which in turn gives satisfaction in being able to participate in the age-old need to pursue and provide food. (Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries)
Even though non-hunters think that hunting is not a economical food source it really is one. Last year hunters contributed over thirty million dollars to the economy and supported over one million different jobs! In these tough economic times hunting can simplify life, save an extra dollar, and provide a nutritious food source. One deer can provide around fifty pounds of nutritious venison, at one quarter pound per meal that makes for 200 servings! Hunting can benefit the commonwealths economy and also your budget. The eating of all natural foods help erase worries of obesity and the footprint we are leaving on the planet. (Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries and NRA-ILA)
A legal enjoyable, traditional sport, that provides economical food and also controls animal population is the great sport of hunting. Hunters are also major contributors to conservation through taxes on goods bought for hunting. These provide public areas for all people whether it is for a walk in a park or a day of fun in the outdoors, hunters contribute to everyone’s daily life. People need time to relax and get back on track and a great way is to go hunting, connect with the environment and relax.
--
Hunting benefits your family, yourself, the economy and puts food on the table. Regulated hunting controls the animal population which helps reduce auto accidents and injuries and can even save peoples lives. The next time the topic of hunting comes up think about the property damage and auto accidents that occur due to overpopulation and the economic boost that hunting provides. Also remember that hunters are just one tool that managers use to regulate this emotional issue. (Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries and NRA-ILA)
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Hunting Re: Why hunting should stay legal, my essay

Post by saugeye1 Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:49 pm

they don't realize that there are more animals do to groups like the nwtf, whitetails unlimited, phesants forever, ducks unlimited who provide millions of dollars for wildlife. and programs like hunters feeding the hungry who provide thousads of meals every year. our small chapter of the nwtf in hocking co provide several meals every thanksginig for familys who don't have the money for a thanksging day meal. we get several letters each year thanking os for giving. all the goverment does is take away, they never give. i'm also a member of peta, people eating tasty animals Food
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tod Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:37 pm

Well done
Tod
Tod
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:05 am

Thanks guys

good info Jim
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by spfldbassguy Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:40 am

I just read that essay and have to say even though I'm not an avid hunter I thought it was very well written. Thoughtful,insightful and you hit all the points that you needed to hit. You definitely have a very good head on your shoulders.
spfldbassguy
spfldbassguy
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Intimidator Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:26 pm

spfldbassguy wrote:I just read that essay and have to say even though I'm not an avid hunter I thought it was very well written. Thoughtful,insightful and you hit all the points that you needed to hit. You definitely have a very good head on your shoulders.

Man, don't tell him that kind of stuff....his head is too big already.... Dang Loggerhead:)SmileSmile
Intimidator
Intimidator
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:11 pm

LOL Thanks I got an A thats all that matters!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Intimidator Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:29 am

Very nice.....We're all Proud! So when you're "Rich and Famous" are you going to remember us "little guys" and fish with us etc, or do we need to be looking for a new forum now?Smile
Intimidator
Intimidator
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by spfldbassguy Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:58 am

When Jonny becomes rich n famous he'll have so much money and so many women that he will forget about all us little people lol!
spfldbassguy
spfldbassguy
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Intimidator Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:22 am

He only talks to us now because he wants to get his post count up!SmileSmileSmile
Intimidator
Intimidator
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:04 am

I will never forget about you guys!!!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Intimidator Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:20 am

Now you're just trying to make all of us feel better.Smile So, you been doing any fishing lately or as Brian would say...he's just "chasin' skirts".SmileSmile:)LOL
Intimidator
Intimidator
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by spfldbassguy Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:44 am

Intimidator wrote:Now you're just trying to make all of us feel better.Smile So, you been doing any fishing lately or as Brian would say...he's just "chasin' skirts".SmileSmile:)LOL

I thought "chasin' skirts" was "fishing",just for the female variety Very Happy Did I Say That?
spfldbassguy
spfldbassguy
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:34 am

Lol I don't have to chase for now Wink I did some pond fishin the other day, I really need to start posting pictures Wink
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Intimidator Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:50 am

Boy, she better like huntin' and fishin' or it ain't gonna last:)

I'm goin crazy down here...any pics will be appreciated...I'm spending way too much money....need open water soon:)Smile:)LOL
Intimidator
Intimidator
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:40 am

LOL I told her fishing and hunting are more important and she is still around so I guess thats a good thing haha.

I'll get some up today
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by spfldbassguy Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:53 am

OhioFisher wrote:LOL I told her fishing and hunting are more important and she is still around so I guess thats a good thing haha.

I'll get some up today

If she's still around after you told her that then you might need to hang onto her for awhile. Most ladies woulda either smacked you upside the head or moved on Very Happy . Any woman that can appreciate those things and tolerate our passion for them is special nowadays.
spfldbassguy
spfldbassguy
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by spfldbassguy Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:57 am

Yeah Brent you definitely need to get out fishing soon or otherwise your wife is gonna take away all your money. She's probably tired of looking at all the UPS packages that's been coming to your house.
spfldbassguy
spfldbassguy
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down