Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CJ Brown

3 posters

Go down

Outdoors CJ Brown

Post by Intimidator Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:32 am

CJ has been ice covered for a while now. Legal crappie and nice "gills are being taken in the Marina but they all are moving in and out. Friends have been catching nice crappies one day and dinks the next from the same spot...same with Bluegills. Ice in the Marina is around 6" and the Main lake is up to 4"+ in some areas, only a few open water areas left.
Intimidator
Intimidator
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: CJ Brown

Post by rogue Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:05 pm

I might try it in the morning ( 13th ) for I have to go over to springfield. Thanks for the up date .
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Intimidator Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:43 am

Had a report yesterday that the ice on the East side of the Campgrounds was 6-7" thick and the 2 OGF members did well.

Most of the guys I know have been fishing the around the docks because they have set out Christmas trees there, some have been fishing around the Gas dock by the Bait shop because that's where TFOCJ "planted" some of their trees. There are ALOT of New Trees that have not been fished yet...hopefully your buddy Jonny gave you a copy of "The Map". Good Fishing To All:)
Intimidator
Intimidator
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:40 pm

Brent I was gunna call you for the map Wink I have it but its at my moms, I have to get her to make a copy
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Intimidator Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:07 pm

PM me or call and give me your address and I'll send you an updated one with the New Trees we put in this Fall.
Intimidator
Intimidator
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by rogue Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:44 pm

Not much to report other then I sat and watched a nice Ole guy catchen crappies at the docks as him and I talked . ( no real size ) . I didn't have small enough jigs but I did catch one . It was nice to be out and about .

rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by rogue Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:49 pm

Hey intimidator maybe we could meet up at CJ some time and tell some fish storys .
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:04 am

Hey Brian Mom is making copies of your maps today, She'll probably get em in the mail saturday or if your gunna be around this weekend you could pick them up
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Intimidator Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:07 am

I'd like that....I think you were moving last year when we were all suppose to meet.

CJ is changing..and I mean changing for the "good" of all anglers, "The Friends Of CJ" have been giving permission to continue and grow the cover project...the township is now on-board and picked up all the Christmas trees and delivered them to CJ and TFOCJ will be assembling as many of the 300+ trees as possible this weekend...they want to drop as many as possible after the ice is off and before the spawns. The Corps and ODNR have given them permission to turn CJ into an underwater forest, due to the incredible progress of CJ during the last 2 years:)SmileSmile
Intimidator
Intimidator
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Intimidator Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:10 am

OhioFisher wrote:Hey Brian Mom is making copies of your maps today, She'll probably get em in the mail saturday or if your gunna be around this weekend you could pick them up

Don't forget...there are "new" areas that we dropped this summer and fall and didn't put on the map:) Plus...since I've been going out watching some of the guys Ice fish...I've found out where "their" trees are that they "planted"SmileSmile:)LOL
Intimidator
Intimidator
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by rogue Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:05 pm

We bought a Place up at the lake (Erie ) but it took forever to close on it and I couldn't find anybody that would stop chasing skirts long enough and didn't want prevailing wage to help me work on it ( I'm not going to mention any names like Ohiofisher , I'm just not that way ) . I'm just messing around with Jonny , I had a job fall thru down here and I already had the place up there winterized so we just thought we would wait for spring . That map would be nice to have and I can stop by your moms to get it or mail it , it's what ever easiest for ya . Intimidator what do you mean by " planting " trees , Kentucky crappy fishing .com has tons of things for longer term structures along with using X-mas trees just don't look at the big fish Pic. it will have you drooling uncontrollably . Any info would help on tree locations.

Note : I know I seen a Walleye on the Ice by a guys santey the other day and it wasn't a dream cause it seem so real !
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Intimidator Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:55 pm

Alot of the guys with boat docks drop trees at their docks in the Marina and then they fish them when the ice is on...so they don't have to go out too far on the ice.

Most of the first trees TFOCJ put in were hardwood trees that were knocked down during "IKE". They stand (2) 6-8' sections up through cinder blocks and cable them down with clamps, then lay a couple cedars down and cable it...this is one set, there are 700 of these. they are suppose to last 10-12 years. Now they are using Christmas trees, cedar shrubs, tactus shrubs, and any hardwood they can get from tree services or the township.
Intimidator
Intimidator
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:18 pm

I think it would be quicker to pick them up let me know when your coming to her house and I will have her put them in the mailbox if she isnt going to be home. I will also throw in any other maps I have just in case she didn't get them all and you can make a few copies quick at a local store and bring em back Wink

Laughing
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Intimidator Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:53 am

rogue wrote:We bought a Place up at the lake (Erie ) but it took forever to close on it and I couldn't find anybody that would stop chasing skirts long enough and didn't want prevailing wage to help me work on it ( I'm not going to mention any names like Ohiofisher , I'm just not that way ) . I'm just messing around with Jonny , I had a job fall thru down here and I already had the place up there winterized so we just thought we would wait for spring . That map would be nice to have and I can stop by your moms to get it or mail it , it's what ever easiest for ya . Intimidator what do you mean by " planting " trees , Kentucky crappy fishing .com has tons of things for longer term structures along with using X-mas trees just don't look at the big fish Pic. it will have you drooling uncontrollably . Any info would help on tree locations.

Note : I know I seen a Walleye on the Ice by a guys santey the other day and it wasn't a dream cause it seem so real !

So are you still in SPFLD?
Intimidator
Intimidator
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Intimidator Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:04 am

All reports for the last week have been the same...about 15 to 20 fishermen in the Marina fishing the same areas and mainly catching decent 'Gills, small perch (good sign), and just a few keeper crappie. They never learn....they deplete an area and then continue to fish it and wonder why they can't catch anything....SmileSmile

There have been reports of a few "smarter" fishermen who have been fishing the SandBars the last few days but no one seems to know how they're doing...trust me if they have been going back they're doing just fine...this is a known Wally Gator area during Winter (Natural Springs).

Other reports have fishermen at the Dam, Mouth of the Emergency Spillway, and the Crabil House...all prime locations that have not been fished this Winter. Good Fishing To All:)SmileSmile
Intimidator
Intimidator
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Intimidator Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:16 pm

Main Lake Ice is safe and the boys have been getting crappie limits out on the humps and reports of Wally Gators being brought up through the holes. My buddy caught 40+ crappie at the Crabil house 2X but they and the 'Gills were all small.
Intimidator
Intimidator
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:44 pm

I heard fishing has been great! Brent warm weather is coming!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Intimidator Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:39 am

Yep..The boys have been pounding crappie and 'eyes on the humps. Check the OGF posts on the CJ thread.
Intimidator
Intimidator
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Intimidator Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:58 pm

One of my friends called last night and they caught 116 crappie (he has a clicker), they put them all back for Spring (actually his freezer is full). He was out all day and did his damage with a small Rapala Ice lure...color blue and silver
Intimidator
Intimidator
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:58 pm

That sounds like fun, I was happy with 27 tonight!!!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Intimidator Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:28 am

Tin Guppy got 30+ in an hour at the same hole the next day!
Intimidator
Intimidator
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:30 pm

I will finally be down this weekend!!! Coming down saturday to meet my sister at the airport coming back from her job on the cruise boat. I may fish saturday evening and def sunday morning if safe ice is available and I really hope it is! If not I will fish the marina LOL Anyone else going?
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down