Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great 3 Day Alum Creek Fishin Report-Whites Strike Again

2 posters

Go down

Fishing Great 3 Day Alum Creek Fishin Report-Whites Strike Again

Post by OhioFisher Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:58 pm

I know its hard to believe but its the first day back from my trip, my birthday just passed, my aunt just sold her 30ft. boat and gave me the 9.9 for the scanoe, I'm listening to Brad Paisley's new album, I won the contest for the 10bps gift card, and I'm even getting this report up on time! Life is good!!!

The first day at ALum we got there around 3, got settled in our cabin and what did I want to do? Of course-FISH

I figured my chances would be better out in the lake so I decided to take our big tube for behind the boat out there and do some fishin off this point. Well after some tough paddling in the wind. I set up off the point and on my first cast I hooked something big, and my line broke-ON BRAID!!???!! The fish was decent but not huge... Small musky?

After this I had to get to the shore, or close to it as the wind was just whipping me everywhere and even though I got a bite just about every cast, I couldn't deal with this wind...

So right as I was about 10ft. from shore, my Dad calls and says the ranger is out looking for me Embarassed!!!!! So thank god for cell phones, I quikly paddled to shore and was safe Wink While all this was going on my buddys were getting a couple gills and one crappie.

Later on we took the boat out, went and did some skiing and well I did Wink Buddies were scared anyways, after that got boring I said we should go try my point and try to catch those fish that were there earlier. Well we didn't do any good there but we saw the white bass on "the jumps!!!!!!!!" It didn't take long and the action was on. Every cast while we were on em good, two at a time, four guys, one not knowing how to fish hardly-got hooked!!!! We fished this school of smaller ones for a while and man was it fun!!! We ended up keeping 93 and man are the small ones good, easy to clean, and all together better Smile Lots of fun here caught at least a couple hundred most in the 8-10in. range but I got one that went 12in! Then on the way back to the launch, right at the launch they were there also!! Got on em again for another 20!!!

Next morning we woke up and went on the chesire road causeway, fished on the causeway and under the bridge. found a few fish but not alot... Petite jigs were what they wanted. Rockies smallies and gills.

After that the boat hit the calm waters of the big lake again. Our whities were no where to be found but I did get pretty good at solemn skiing. So after this we headed to the marina to try and get some gills as they are always there. I had a small crank on hoping they would bite it and picked up a tiny largie and some gills followed it. Anyways I was working it so it looked REALLY in distress.

I moved on down the docks and threw it and as soon as it hit the surface I saw a swirl and wasn't really paying attention. So I start reeling and bam bass takes off on my ultralight with 4lb!!!! Jumps clear out of the water and these babes come down from this boat to watch Smile I mean this thang was really fightin on that line and BARLEY hooked!!! Luckily I got it in and made for a good picture Smile Only seconds after "they" left I threw it out and was working it back adn out of no where I huge bass comes up and WHAM lure gone Sad learned my lesson four pound style there....

Later on we fished this other point farther on down and we saw some what we though were whites hitting the top. It didn't last long but I got two largies real fast, not big but hey I'm not complaining. Did some more "boat nickin" and headed back in.

Went home did the awesome advanced bike trail on the east side, had lots of fun, came back again headed down to the launch ramp and go figure my whites were back, add another 50 to my total Laughing As night fell my buddies fished for cats as I headed to a light that attracts baitfish and had two bites, one being a whitebass, the other a big largie, jumped and fought, brought it up to the dock, slip off it fell from the jig n minnow...

The next day, went down to the Dam, fished on it.. and in the spillway.. Saw one saugeye in the bucket adn I moved WAY downriver, found two perchies.

All in all, GREAT birthday trip as it has been annually for the last two years. I never did get the saugeye I wanted... And my "friends" didn't even get me a card for a trip like that!!! Well you'll have that "times are hard screw* the card?" Anyways as always enjoy my pictures, and feel free to ask any Q's
Great 3 Day Alum Creek Fishin Report-Whites Strike Again 0630092118
I have a better picture than this one for all of em Wink
Great 3 Day Alum Creek Fishin Report-Whites Strike Again 0630092123
Great 3 Day Alum Creek Fishin Report-Whites Strike Again 0701091022
Great 3 Day Alum Creek Fishin Report-Whites Strike Again 0701091024
Great 3 Day Alum Creek Fishin Report-Whites Strike Again 0701091106
Great 3 Day Alum Creek Fishin Report-Whites Strike Again 0701091112
Great 3 Day Alum Creek Fishin Report-Whites Strike Again 0701091118
Great 3 Day Alum Creek Fishin Report-Whites Strike Again 0701091127
Great 3 Day Alum Creek Fishin Report-Whites Strike Again 0701091505
Great 3 Day Alum Creek Fishin Report-Whites Strike Again 0701091750
Great 3 Day Alum Creek Fishin Report-Whites Strike Again 0701092103
Great 3 Day Alum Creek Fishin Report-Whites Strike Again 0701092136
Great 3 Day Alum Creek Fishin Report-Whites Strike Again 0702091201
Great 3 Day Alum Creek Fishin Report-Whites Strike Again 0702091215a
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Re: Great 3 Day Alum Creek Fishin Report-Whites Strike Again

Post by saugeye1 Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:17 pm

sound like u had an awsome b day. loaded up on those whites again, great bass on the ul. those rods are a blast
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down