Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carp Recipe

2 posters

Go down

Outdoors Carp Recipe

Post by OhioFisher Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:09 pm

What I thought was non-existant....
First, get you a carp preferably about 5lb (any smaller and the bones are way too small and are a big pain!). scale it, gut it, whack off the head, and just wash it. no need to remove the mud vein! after that steak the carp into three big chunks and pan fry in hot oil until golden brown and then set it aside. take 2 tbsp cooking oil and saute 1 tbsp sliced ginger, 3 gloves garlic (optional), sliced onion, sliced carrots, and sliced red bell pepper for 2 minutes. disolve the pouch (shown in pic) in 3/4 cup of water and pour into the sauteed veggies. bring to a boil and simmer for two minutes or until it thickens. add to fish and simmer for another minute. season to taste and serve. be careful of the small "Y" bones, with practice they are easy to remove. i havent tried this yet but when i do i will skin the carp and score the meat to where the bones are really fine. Carp Recipe Carpstuff Carp Recipe Dinner2
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: Carp Recipe

Post by north star Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:37 am

One thing about carp, is that they are real oily and i mean oily and have a very strong fish smell and taste, i have tried many different ways with this fish and the best that i can find is smoked.

One trick about this is try to only use carp the size of a crappie for many reasons including contaminants since they are a scavenger and you will find they taste much better. cheers Food
north star
north star
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down