Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions on Walleye Fishing

4 posters

Go down

Outdoors Predictions on Walleye Fishing

Post by Castaway Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:52 am

Really getting the fishing bug down here in Columbus and thinking of coming back home to NW Ohio to try my luck at some Walleyes. We got about 3" of snow the other day and its been pretty cold here especially at night. Coy pond out back was frozen!

Seems to be many good anglers commenting on fishing the Walleye run in both Maumee and Sandusky Rivers. So what do you think? Has the weather stalled the fishing or have most of the Walleyes spawned and looking for some food? Hear the Maumee is the place to be but have never fished it...always fished the Sandusky. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Castaway
Castaway
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: Predictions on Walleye Fishing

Post by OhioFisher Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:07 am

Hey man, the run has just started and this cold weather turned them off! I think the maumee is much better and more of an adventure but way more crowds. The sandusky you will lose the crowds but the fish numbers will be way down also. With the next rain you should be good to go on either river!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Castaway Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:19 am

Thanks Jonny!

I did manage to get a hold of my cousin last Friday and he advised me to stay put this past weekend for the same reasons you stated, cold weather turned them off. This weekend looks great as far as warmer weather and some rains so will be heading up there this coming weekend.

Not all is lost though...fished a private Lake at Hide-Away-Hills on Saturday and managed to catch 3 nice size crappie. Surprised....thought the water needed to be a little warmer but I'll take it!

-Nate
Castaway
Castaway
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:10 am

Thats a start! I agree this coming weekend looks good!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Limmit Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:22 pm

We got quite a bit of rain with warm temps today which probably will bring in another bunch of walleyes. The fishing will definitely pick up this week!
Kenny Limmit
Kenny Limmit
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Castaway Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:23 am

Hey Kenny...thanks for the input! Planning on finally making the trip this weekend, just need the week to stop dragging!

-Nate
Castaway
Castaway
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by kprice5 Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:31 pm

Fishing is still really slow on the Maumee, but that may change any time now with the river on the rise
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down