Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Erie Ice Fishing 2010 update Walleye

3 posters

Go down

Fishing First Erie Ice Fishing 2010 update Walleye

Post by OhioFisher Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:53 pm

Well Dad checked out the spots today
Judging by the sat pic its still pretty locked up between the islands, ice is still 3.5 to 8in

He talked to 2 of the fifty car lot at catawaba
They said they drove to PIB and ate lunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 fish marked in 5hrs of fishing, no one is catching crap, i might venture out this weekend as I'll be staying up north, we'll see,,,
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Re: First Erie Ice Fishing 2010 update Walleye

Post by rogue Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:41 pm

Sounds like a good idea , I don't think the ice down here is very good with the Temp's. Saugeye 1 made a good choice last weekend on swapping his weekends to work . I might go check but I dought I'll go out on it .
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Limmit Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:45 pm

Good report Jonny, it'll pick up soon.

Here is a copy and paste of my dads report today also
Stopped at the bay bridge this morning to chase some perch. I stayed very busy reeling in fish. The problem was it was like bringing in the same fish over and over and over. Every one was 6" no bigger - no smaller. I packed up and headed to a marina on Catawba. Same story there although my 6" fish turned into 4" fish. Decided to tour around the island to see if any folks were heading out walleye fishing. A couple guys were walking out from the ferry dock and air boats were rolling out past the island. I headed over to the Catawba State Park. The parking lot was almost full with many guys heading out on four wheelers and snow mobiles. One guy said he saw six fish on the ice, but him and his buddy didn't catch any. They said they were close to 4 miles out. It was tempting to venture out and fish Erie, but after hearing the ice report of up to 8", and as little as 2", I think I will stick to the inland lakes we have been hitting.[u]
Kenny Limmit
Kenny Limmit
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:05 am

Wow your Dad is a safe man lol

They were pretty crazy out there!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator