Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great Goose Hunting Spot at Pickeral Creek Wildlife Area!

2 posters

Go down

Duck Great Goose Hunting Spot at Pickeral Creek Wildlife Area!

Post by OhioFisher Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:31 am

Dad and I both got drawn on THE SAME DAY! to hunt pickeral creek zone one and 4-5 I got 4-5 for the evening and he got zone one for the afternoon. It was on the point right next to sandusky bay which provided a super sunrise. Although we had two negatives in the morning. We got set up as geese were flying over-a lil late eh? Also guys that didn't get drawn we hunting on THE PROPERTY of pickeral creek screwing us from which direction the geese were mostly coming from... One time a flock of 7 was locked up coming over the those guys to land in our set. They dropped six like flys before they got to us Sad Although I guess geese that land in the decoys don't help Dad lol one time we had a flock of about 15 land in mid day on our mud flat. Had about a 15-20yd shot I got one on the first he missed three! Then another time we both thought we heard something land but didn't see it. Start walking around a half hour later and a single is in the decoys- He got loaded up with some T shot but we didn't get him Sad

All in all an AWESOME day of the morning hunt! We were so tired after that we skipped out on my afternoon hunt as the spot looked terrible and most of the other guys we getting teal... We went and got perch instead Wink

Great Goose Hunting Spot at Pickeral Creek Wildlife Area! 0905090643
Great Goose Hunting Spot at Pickeral Creek Wildlife Area! 0905090713
Great Goose Hunting Spot at Pickeral Creek Wildlife Area! DSCF2366
Dad 2-Jonny 3 and he even had the auto ten gauge!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Duck Re: Great Goose Hunting Spot at Pickeral Creek Wildlife Area!

Post by saugeye1 Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:51 am

sounds like a great hunt
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down