Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Belleville gettin' hotter

+4
kmjschulz
rogue
saugeye1
AllWeatherAngler
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Outdoors Belleville gettin' hotter

Post by AllWeatherAngler Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:07 pm

Will be going down to Belleville Dam daily starting tomorrow. I will head down sometime in the early afternoon. Fishing should improve throughout the week. Not really a fan of the higher barometric pressure we have now but that will change too. Looking forward to the rain next week!!!!! Supposed to be in the 50's and raining!!! This will turn them on FIRE Twisted Evil
AllWeatherAngler
AllWeatherAngler
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: Belleville gettin' hotter

Post by saugeye1 Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:20 pm

can't wait till next weekend, i'll call u around wednesday to get something set up
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by AllWeatherAngler Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:09 pm

Went down tonight. Caught 1perch 1crappie 8sauger. Sloooowww fishing. Will resume tomorrow
AllWeatherAngler
AllWeatherAngler
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by rogue Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:05 am

Sounds like you guys are picking at some fish , good job !!! I might have to slip over that way next weekend and see what you all are up to . Saugeye 1 , how far would it be for me ?
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:11 am

rogue, roughly 2 1/2 to 3 hrs awa did the bait shop have minnies yet?
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kmjschulz Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:29 am

Hornbecks towards little hocking has minnows don't know how far that would be out of the way
kmjschulz
kmjschulz
Outdoorsman 2
Outdoorsman 2

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:07 pm

it would add a bit to the trip, little out of the way
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bowjo Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:07 pm

I will probably try it tommorrow morning ,anybody else going Gone Fishing ????
Bowjo
Bowjo
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:27 pm

i won't, gotta work, this saturday i will be their
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by AllWeatherAngler Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:54 am

Just got back from the river. Between 3 guys we had over 100 sauger. We had them dialed in on 2" green grubs. Slow steady retrieve. Had a few hit on minnow rigs set on the bottom. Had some nicer fish this evening. Will be there tomorrow evening. Riverside bait has minnows on rt. 144 in Hockingport. They are not listed in the phone book or 411. If you're looking on a map the shop is located about a 1/4 mile north or west of the junction of rt 124. Easy to find and nice people there. Hornbeck's is always a great bet but can be a bit out of the way depending on where you're coming from.
AllWeatherAngler
AllWeatherAngler
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:34 am

100 sauger!!?!?!?! JEEZE US, rogue, next time I'm down, what do ya say we head that way?
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by AllWeatherAngler Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:27 pm

Yep sounds like a lot but, it comes in waves. If all progresses well it would be reasonable to catch 40+ fish per angler in a 4 hour evening. I have experienced many days over 100 per angler when it really gets good! Do not expect to catch many during the daytime. It is possible to catch them then but, it is best to make an evening of it.
AllWeatherAngler
AllWeatherAngler
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by rogue Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:11 pm

Sounds good Ohiofisher when we going ? I'm ready !!!
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:26 pm

Lol good. I'll give ya a shout soon, not sure if I am coming down this weekend or next but sounds like the longer we wait the better the fishin
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by AllWeatherAngler Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:07 am

Just in from the river again. Fishing was a little slower this evening and more smaller fish than usual. Only managed about 10 keepers with a slab crappie, a smaller crappie, and a nice jumbo perch. Got to meet a fellow "Ohio Outdoorsman" tonight. It was Bowjo who has been diligently fishing the dam lately also. Seems like a good guy and we'll probably hook up to do some fishing sometime. So totals for the night are approximate but with 4 guys in my group we probably caught right around 100 give or take a couple. The other group we were with had a slightly lower catch between 3 guys. All in all was a decent night. Unfortunately we'll have to take a night off due to schoolwork and we'll be back in force come Wednesday night!
AllWeatherAngler
AllWeatherAngler
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:46 am

sounds good, me and eye2 are headed that way saturday morning, save us a few, bowjo did u get your first eye of the season?
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bowjo Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:05 pm

Yes I did,caught 6 last night....Went back this morning and caught 20,most were small.I kept 5 that were over 12" Food .I only fished for an hour this morning......The only thing I was doin wrong was fishing at the wrong time ...Thanks again AW for all the info Big Water Fishing ...........Joe
Bowjo
Bowjo
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:28 pm

awesome, awa has already showed me a few tips already.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by AllWeatherAngler Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:00 am

Hey guys, thanks for the positive commentary. I'm glad I was able to help and hopefully you'll both get some better fishing out of the info. Life's too short to lock away good information. If you have something that works share it. There's plenty of water and plenty of fish for everyone to have a good time. Anyways, river report for tonight(I know I should've been doing homework, right). Went down with 5 guys and found fishing to be a little slower. Ended up with approx. 80 or so between all of us. Rain will hopefully pick things up! Good Fishing! Btw Saugeye you should consider going very early possibly after hearing Bowjo's morning report. Maybe the stained water will keep them biting later into the day for us! We won't know till were there I guess!
AllWeatherAngler
AllWeatherAngler
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:57 am

me and eye2 are leaving here around 930 or 1000 am, i can fish until around 700 pm again, real early and staying late are not a really good option for either one of us, if they bite we will catch a few, if not we will just bullsh$$.
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by AllWeatherAngler Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:30 am

Latest report, between 5 of us managed about 120 sauger. I started off a bit slow fishing with Joe for yet another fine night. I ran into some problems with a couple of snags and decided to make a move. The move paid off very nicely and I managed nearly 50 fish myself. 3 of my sauger were 16.5", 16, and 16 (Fish Ohio's!)! 7 of them over 14"! By sauger standards I was having a big fish night. I am posting some pics below. I caught my limit and my buddy managed six keepers. I also caught a 16" walleye which was a nice bonus! I am also posting some other river pics from this year.[img][/img]
AllWeatherAngler
AllWeatherAngler
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by AllWeatherAngler Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:34 am

tried to upload images and no luck. Sorry guys I'll try another time when it's not 1:30 in the morning. LOL
AllWeatherAngler
AllWeatherAngler
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:17 am

AWESOME
check out the say hello forum for help on pics

Can't wait to see them!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher