Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Port Clinton/reefs

3 posters

Go down

Outdoors Port Clinton/reefs

Post by rogue Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:04 am

Wow!!! What can I say , The Eyes are on a suicide bite ! Tim McCann owner/operator of Fisherman's Wharf bait store and Head-boats and Scott Stecher owner/manufacture of Reef runner and cicada lures and myself ( Rogue legend in my own mind ) took the Miss Cindy out for some fun fishing the other nite . The fishing is so good right now that some of the other charter boats Capt's. are going out at nite to fun fish also . It didn't take long on our second set to have all our fish and the rest of the nite we C/R , I lost track on how many we thru back cause we was having so much fun catching and BSing . Scott is a great guy so informative and helpfull on lures and colors he even gave me a bunch of lures on the way in to add to my full tackle box of reef runners ( 100% first rate guy ).If any you guys have a chance to get away give Tim a call to get out on one of his boats you'll be so glad you did . I would like to thank Tim for the fishing trip out because it will be one I won't forget any time soon ! Rogue.
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: Port Clinton/reefs

Post by OhioFisher Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:19 pm

Great report
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by WLB Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:29 pm

Thanks for the report!
about the nite fishing, are you talking about after dark or
in the evening before dark?
WLB
WLB

Back to top Go down

Post by rogue Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:24 pm

Sorry it took me so long to reply , I haven't been around a computer for a couple days . One of the best bites is at about 1 hour before dark . All the reefs a producing and some are better then others . The fish are moving into a little deeper water now because some of the shallower water is getting real clean . Tim just called me to tell me that they tore them up again tonight , He said they didn't even have time to throw the fish in the cooler because it was that fast of action . The lure of choice right now is the purple/chartreuse hair jig casted out far and keeping your line tight when it hits the water and there hitting on the way down to the bottom , Also vertical jigging it right off the side of the boat been working to. The morning bite is just as good but I wasn't able to get out for it . The 9th and I think maybe the 10th was slow due to the storms but it's back now . I know how this is going to sound and I can't believe it works but when you start jigging it in rip it fast and smooth with a long stroke like your trying to snag them some how it drive them nuts and they hit it hard and yes it's in there mouth , I had one I had to use needle-nose pliers to get it out clear down it's throat . I can't believe that they go after something that fast but it works . If you can give Tim a call at the Wharf to get out with him soon or stop by for info and supplies , they have had some of the fastest trips out and back in with limit catches that I haven't seen in a while also the fish in my opinion ( My opinion and $1.45 will get you a cup of coffee at Burger King ) are perfect eating size 18" to 23-24" . Rogue P.S. Don't be afraid of getting up close to the beeches ( Keep your HEAD DOWN so you don't get shot) in shallower dirty water for them and smallmouth too , I heard that some guys are getting them there also but that's just what I heard .
rogue
rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down