Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Erie on Saturday

2 posters

Go down

Outdoors Erie on Saturday

Post by downtime Sun May 11, 2008 7:57 pm

Went Saturday with three others on my friends Sea Swirl on it's maiden trip to Erie.Went out of Catawba island and started south of Rattlesnake(1 eye) and worked our was west in drifting and trolling, worked our way west about one to two miles.From their we went to Middle Bass(2eye) and worked the south west drop off had good luck in the 25 to 30 foot ledges. Finished up before going in around Green island (1eye) in these ares we landed wb and Rattlesnake our green horn landed a sheep head.We did better than some and not as good as others as we found out later. The best hits were on red worm harness that I'd had and spoons that had a little redish cast with silver and or gold.Left my camera on the table at home (left at 3:15am SAT. returned at 12:30 am Sun),one of the others took pics and will post these when/if he sends them as he is not computer savey at all. The eye 's were 5.17,4.5,3 and one 19 inches long plus white bass.A few smallies that returned to their home asap were also landed.
downtime
downtime
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: Erie on Saturday

Post by OhioFisher Sun May 11, 2008 8:08 pm

We've been getting smallies on the reefs they sure are fun!
How big were they?
Nice report and Thank You
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by downtime Mon May 12, 2008 2:12 pm

It was around two to two half lbs is what they averaged all nice sized.
downtime
downtime
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down