Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Crappie At CJB

2 posters

Go down

Fishing More Crappie At CJB

Post by OhioFisher Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:58 pm

I knew after being down 2 weeks ago some crappie would still be biting... but I wanted to take my boat out so here I am 8 o'clock pullin the cord to start the motor-RIP! there goes that cord so I go old fashioned and wrap the fly wheel. I get out to the creek channel way off the point and start to troll its nice and calm a few guys are out. Then..... about 15 mins into the trip I get an 11in. crappie I'm thinking its going to be a good day-NOT. The wind kicks up and everyone is rushing to shore while I'm wrapin the damn cord around the flywheel and tryin to get it started... I do but it was a long ride in. I get back to the marina and start to fish for crappie. I pulled five really fast only 2 keepers on a jig-n-minno. I even got a double. Then I started to move around... I found some hot spots and began to get quite a few. I caught about 50+ but only kept 33. I left a 2 o'clock with the rain. (Even got a lil help from mamatina Wink)
More Crappie At CJB DidgiFishPics3142
After doing some work at home my uncle and family wanted to get into some we went back to the same areas and got 21 more crappies and 2 nice gills. Threw back over 20.
More Crappie At CJB DidgiFishPics3143
It was so good I had to come back I got there pretty early but I had to dust the rust off till I got a few. It took some time but I ended up with 15 more with this being average size.
More Crappie At CJB DidgiFishPics3144
After the morning crappie fishing I got to do some pleasure boating and some fishing. We fished some coves on the west side and I got 15 more that were big enough to keep and I threw them back also. It was a great weekend for the most part and the fish couldn't have cooperated much more. I met up with some friends one being FHK06 and met some guys that helped me with the catching Randy and Larry. Hope to be down soon again for some awesome fishing!!!!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Leave some for the rest of us :)

Post by sknick Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:50 am

I will be camping there with the family next weekend. Make sure you save some for us! Smile Do you know if the eyes are biting? Last I heard, they were still biting on the old road bed, but I don't know what bait/presentation would work.
sknick
sknick
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Fishing Re: More Crappie At CJB

Post by OhioFisher Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:56 pm

There were loads of guys out there saturday and from what I heard they were catching them just about any way. Best reports did come from the road bed on jigs and trolling bottom bouncers but some came off the point with jigs too. When jig fishing I like 2 1/16oz. with a minnow but heck what do I know..... The walleyes like a nightcrawler better I just use the minnow so i get crappie too Smile Good Luck
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by sknick Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:59 pm

I can catch crappie all day if the bite is on, but I LOVE to eat them eyes!
sknick
sknick
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by sknick Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:10 pm

Where is the road bed? I see several places on the lake map that looks like an old road that used to go through the lake. I am guessing that the point is the piece of land that sticks out in the lake north of the campground area. Thanks for you help.
sknick
sknick
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:14 pm

Yeah the crappies are fun for sure... They're good too but your right the eyes are a favorite.

II'll send you a pm of a map I did awhile back it has some good spots
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:23 am

I hear the eyes are better than ever now at cj!
If you can get out there and try your luck!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by sknick Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:27 am

I am packing up the boat/truck/tent, etc. right now. Hopefully I will have one for dinner tonight.
sknick
sknick
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down