Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CJ Camping Weekend

2 posters

Go down

Outdoors CJ Camping Weekend

Post by sknick Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:06 am

It was a nice weekend of camping and fishing at CJ / Buck Creek. The campground are nice and the restrooms are well maintained. I highly recommend the campgrounds for those who like to camp. There are some decent shore fishing spots there too (see below). WATCH YOUR SPEED however driving back buck creek lane. One of my fellow campers was ticketed.

I went out Saturday morning and tried the porcupine attractors for crappie, no luck. I started trolling the roadbed with a walleye drifter and got a white bass right away. I ended up getting two more WB and a cat, but no eyes. The waves were getting a bit high for my little jon boat, esp. when the bigger rec boats were buzzing by in close proximity. I fished from the bank in the campgrounds l8r in the afternoon and caught a bunch of little ones, but I did get a 12" crappie who put up a good fight on my light gear.

Sunday morning, I went out with britt, but had limited success, I think, because the wind kept changing directions. I did catch a baby eye and baby WB trolling around. I did catch an eye, which is what I really wanted, but I didn't have the opportunity to taste him. It sounded like those with more experience on the lake had much better success.

BTW - the kids were trying gummie worms and shrimp and, surprisingly, did not catch anything. They thought the color would really attract them. Very Happy
sknick
sknick
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: CJ Camping Weekend

Post by OhioFisher Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:37 pm

Those WB will always kepp you from a skunk
and you did get an eye and thats good!!!
I know how those waves kick up and they're not fun

I'm going to get me a keeper this weekend Wink
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Outdoors This weekend

Post by sknick Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:05 am

Good luck this weekend. If you see a small Jon boat with a 3.5 merc on the back and a trolling motor up front, cruise by and say hello.
sknick
sknick
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: CJ Camping Weekend

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down