Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nightmare

4 posters

Go down

Outdoors Nightmare

Post by Reel Bad Habit Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:40 pm

On Sunday Oct 12 I was getting ready to go Perchin and went to get a rod, found my boat had been struck by a truck while it was sitting in winter storage already shrink wrapped. It was clobbered with lots of internal damage. Guess I will spend the winter hoping it's fixed for the Jig fishing. I never have a dull moment. Thanks Dick
Reel Bad Habit
Reel Bad Habit
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: Nightmare

Post by OhioFisher Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:05 pm

Wow!!! Thats incredible!!!!
What jerks to not say anything about it too!
Was this the fenwick boat because I saw it here
http://www.ohiooutdoors.org/lake-erie-west-f13/just-a-tidbit-t359.htm and it was fine!
Hope to see ya out there for the spring time
Good Luck
Jonny
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Reel Bad Habit Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:51 am

I got there right after it happened and the people were still there. Everyone at Fenwick was very helpful the whole day. It was just that it was an incredible turn of events that caused the accident to happen. I am very glad the woman driving the truck wasn't hurt. Her accelerator stuck while in reverse with their boat trailer attached to the truck, she traveled about 300 yards in reverse with the trailer jackknifed down the side of her truck did a U turn and hit 2 boats hard. It knocked my boat , that was on my trailer supported by blocks, about 70 feet nearly into the channel. Her insurance has been very helpful so far. Strange happenings.
Reel Bad Habit
Reel Bad Habit
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Outdoors nightmare

Post by tie one on Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:23 pm

thats to bad sorry to hear it.thats why we brought our boat home and put it in storage.what a bummer.this is the boston whaler center console that docked next to you this summer.
tie one on
tie one on

Back to top Go down

Post by Reel Bad Habit Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:44 pm

This was not the boat that is docked next to you, but the one several docks North. Just got the check from the insurance company so now to get it fixed. Have a good winter see you in the spring.Thanks, Dick
Reel Bad Habit
Reel Bad Habit
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Back to top Go down

Post by Tod Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:32 am

Ouch glad everyone is okay
Tod
Tod
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4