Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

River Fishing Slowing down

2 posters

Go down

Fishing River Fishing Slowing down

Post by OhioFisher Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:23 pm

Headed up river in the Portage on Sunday. Hit a few summer holes and there wasn't a thing hitting! Buddy tried worms and din't get hardly any bites and NO fish although the leaf he caught was bigger than both my fish Wink I tried the trust worthy roostertail and hooked up with a 9/3/4 rockbass that acted lathargic. Later towards evening we moved down river and I got a baby smallie by a big rock. Sure was much slower than the normal but in the end I avoided the Skunked thats all I'm worried about. Looks like all the bass fishing in the river is over and it won't be long till my pond dies on me Sad Pictures to come when my camera decideds to start working
Waiting For Ice Rolling Eyes
Jonny
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Re: River Fishing Slowing down

Post by bugeyedjig Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:19 am

atleast you you got out and landed a couple. the water is colder than most people think with all the sunshine. we fished the riley last night for a couple hours, same results as you , rock bass, but ours weren't near the size of the monster you nailed. good job!
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:07 pm

I agree with you on the temps! It's really lowing them down! Here are pictures from our trip.
River Fishing Slowing down 456
River Fishing Slowing down 457
River Fishing Slowing down 458
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down