Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

largemouth and bluegills....on ice jigs!!!

2 posters

Go down

Outdoors largemouth and bluegills....on ice jigs!!!

Post by bugeyedjig Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:35 pm

took kim and went to the buckeye quarry in bluffton today. there is no ice on it, but we kind of pretended we had first ice. we worked the walls with ice rods and ice jigs. fished them straight down the walls with waxworms between 4 and 6 feet deep. kim started it out with 2 largemouth then the bluegills picked up on my end. caught about 2 dozen then hooked into a 1 1/2 pound largemouth and let the drag do all the work. kim had walked ahead around a bend so i hollered at her to come look at the bass when i landed it. come to find out she had caught and released 5 about the same size just around the bend from me. i caught 1 more largemouth and some more bluegills, and she just continued hammering the bass. she ended the day by losing a largemouth that went between 2 and 3 pounds , he was huge. boys played at the park on the new equipment the city put in and had a blast. we ended the day with about 3 dozen bluegills and 9 bass. lots of fun on ice rods. told her i was getting her ready for next weekend on ice with some luck.
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Outdoors Re: largemouth and bluegills....on ice jigs!!!

Post by OhioFisher Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:12 pm

Nice Sonding Catch!
Ice jigs are all I use throughout the year-can't beat em!
Good Job Out There
Keep the reports coming!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by bugeyedjig Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:03 pm

was out today to check the ice. walked all over a pond. ice was 2-3 inches thick on the whole thing except 1 area. jumped a big doe while i was out, almost dove to the ground to keep from getting shot at, but no one was around. remember to be safe out there this weekend. will report back tomorrow with catch if anything. may have hard time sleeping tonight.....too excited!!!
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down