Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WORST OPENING DAY EVER!!!!!

2 posters

Go down

Hunting WORST OPENING DAY EVER!!!!!

Post by OhioFisher Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:19 pm

Got up in the stand about 15min. before shooting time. On the Way in we jumpeed up a doe who blew to her fawns thought maybe we had something going.... Also saw a HUGE 6pt. on the way in on some land we had permission to hunt. Started off fast with shots heard around 75 total but used to hear over 250.... Deer populations are diminishing fast with the extra kill tages (Bad Idea-IMO) Anyways around 9:00 buddy started pushing some good areas as we heard later. Unfourtenetly he did not coordinate the drive with us making it difficult for us others to see anything. He did push some deer from the area and for some reason they stopped 2 ridges over while he bumbled into them. He ended up taking a SMALL doe. There was also a 2 bucks seen around this time in our area. (Not by us of course) Later we moved to some other areas Dad tried to do drives for me in areas we ALWAYS see deer-NOTHING! we never saw a deer the whole day and it was pathetic!!!!! There are so many rubs but we never saw any deer. I screwed up not taking one on youth weekend... You'll have that I suppose... The coolest thing of the trip was watching the snow come from many ridges afar very neat. Be back sunday...
Good Luck-Be Safe!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Hunting Re: WORST OPENING DAY EVER!!!!!

Post by bugeyedjig Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:37 pm

next time your out, hopefully the big buck will run right up to you. keep the faith.
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:15 pm

since i have a 20 GA i'll go next time i haven't filled my tag yet Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content