Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Bad News (At least it wasn't me this time!)

4 posters

Go down

Hunting More Bad News (At least it wasn't me this time!)

Post by OhioFisher Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:46 pm

Our buddy that owns the land down south we hunt also has some leased land in Clark Co. On Saturday he managed to push around 20 deer to his son and a friends older son. In this woods there is a MONSTER buck 11pt. with a NICE dropper-he has the sheds. Turns out out of all these deer is this buck and at a not too bad 75yds his son shoots and misses and the other guy hit it in the hip/butt. They tracked it (good blood trail) for 400yds to then jumped it up to never been seen again (after that night) This will ruin this buck's rack unfountentely but maybe someone will get lucky... You'll have that Rolling Eyes
Jonny
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Hunting Re: More Bad News (At least it wasn't me this time!)

Post by bugeyedjig Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:36 pm

similar incident in hancock county on a big buck last week. guy shot a huge buck, good blood trail, they tracked him all afternoon. he was a smart one though. he would get in the creek and then back out to the other side. then a little later back in the creek, and back to the original side. they tracked him all afternoon, but never saw him again. like my dad always used to say," some days it bees that way". never made me feel any better either.
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Flathead King 06 Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:38 pm

jonny... thats why there are people like Roger... Laughing the buck probably wont make it through the winter with a hip shot... coyotes will track him down and have a feast more than likely
Flathead King 06
Flathead King 06
Team
Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kprice5 Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:30 am

I hate deer drives and gun season lol.....
kprice5
kprice5
Outdoorsman 4
Outdoorsman 4

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:23 am

:lol ya Good ole Roger

Drives are ok sometimes, just not the big 20 people ones IMO
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down