Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

La Su An Sunday

2 posters

Go down

Fishing La Su An Sunday

Post by OhioFisher Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:04 pm

Dad just made reservations to hit up Lake La Su An on Sunday. I'm hoping for a nice day of MONSTER gills and a few bass. They have around 6in. of ice from what I hear and should only be more by then. Only allowed to keep 10 fish apiece so hope it's worth the drive. We'll be the second day of fishing out there so hopefully there will be alot of fish and dumb ones too Razz
Good Luck
CYA Out There
Jonny
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing The Report

Post by OhioFisher Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:29 pm

Got there at about 9:30 with fairly moderate temps and winds so didn't even take the shanty. Cold Dragged the sled out to our normal winter spots to only find that certain small areas with structure were producing. The first shallow 4-5ft. area we fished was in a tree and produced some nice gills and a small bass. Then later in the day as it slowed down we moved "cross lake" to a steep dropoff with weeds that gave up many many nice gills once we found the weed edge at about 8ft. I did have a beautiful bass up to the hole only to see it fall off, Dad did too. Big Fish So all in all we ended up catching around 50 fish all which were keepable but we came home with 20 nice ones around 8in. or better. Ice was 6-8in. (Pic) Fish i'm holding was very close to 9in. but not quite-
Good Luck Be Safe
CYA Out There
Jonny
La Su An Sunday 001-1
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Re: La Su An Sunday

Post by bugeyedjig Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:26 pm

good looking catch. sounds like an awesome trip and you didn't have to freeze to death to enjoy yourself. thats cool. bet those bass fought hard up to the hole, sorry you lost them.
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Fishing Re: La Su An Sunday

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down