Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awesome Day Of Ice Fishing-Lake Erie (ish)

4 posters

Go down

Fishing Awesome Day Of Ice Fishing-Lake Erie (ish)

Post by OhioFisher Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:22 pm

[PM for Loc] We checked our spots yesterday and decidied to go get some gills today and that we did. Got a bunch of waxies poles and other supplies and headed out with the shanties. It wasn't long till I had gone 4 for 5 on keepers one being about 9in. Big Fish ! Then that spot slowed down kept jiggin the teardrops in 4ft. and weeds until wefound em. I in my small shanty and Dad and my buddy cory in theres we stayed in our shanties in the same holes for a couple of hours... Caught fish constantly but it was best when we had fenzies going. The fish we kept were all about 7in. or more and 46 of those made a great day. I tried both cameras and it was fun... I saw bass perch gills big carp and crappie. Vex worked good mostly all went well. I made a good video should have it uploaded tomorrow. We'll be on the big lake tomorrow... Good Luck Out There
Enjoy the pix-
Jonny
Awesome Day Of Ice Fishing-Lake Erie (ish) 002-2
Awesome Day Of Ice Fishing-Lake Erie (ish) 004-1
Bass Tail can't see lol
Awesome Day Of Ice Fishing-Lake Erie (ish) 001-3
Awesome Day Of Ice Fishing-Lake Erie (ish) 003-1
Awesome Day Of Ice Fishing-Lake Erie (ish) 005-1
Awesome Day Of Ice Fishing-Lake Erie (ish) 007-1
Awesome Day Of Ice Fishing-Lake Erie (ish) 008-1
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Re: Awesome Day Of Ice Fishing-Lake Erie (ish)

Post by bugeyedjig Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:37 am

all i can say is; awesome! looks like you got a couple monsters in that bunch. well done!
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:27 pm

VIDEO!
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by bugeyedjig Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:07 pm

duuuude; awesome video. nice bluegills!!!!! that was so cool. lots of questions for you....ready?...you said i could subscribe to your videos; computer illiterate so how would i do that? and secondly, how do you like the marcum? my buddy bought a hummingbird, but took it back within the 10 day trial period. he didn't ;like it, hard to operate he said. third question...on your aqua vue...do you point camera down or just dangle it like normal?...4th question...does it have lights?...5th.... if it does, do you run them on or off?....i have quad 4 only used it once for ice fishing last year, but i am going to start using it(been too lazy to carry everything..gonna borrow the boys's sled) it has lights on all 4 sides, so i don't want to spook all the fish, but i want to be able to see...we have about 6 inches of snow on the ice so water i am thinking is dark. the quad does have light adjusting knob, thought about turning it way down. give me some feedback, before i throw the lights to them and end up fishless. thanks in advance
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:31 pm

bugeyedjig wrote:duuuude; awesome video. nice bluegills!!!!! that was so cool. lots of questions for you....ready?...you said i could subscribe to your videos; computer illiterate so how would i do that? and secondly, how do you like the marcum? my buddy bought a hummingbird, but took it back within the 10 day trial period. he didn't ;like it, hard to operate he said. third question...on your aqua vue...do you point camera down or just dangle it like normal?...4th question...does it have lights?...5th.... if it does, do you run them on or off?....i have quad 4 only used it once for ice fishing last year, but i am going to start using it(been too lazy to carry everything..gonna borrow the boys's sled) it has lights on all 4 sides, so i don't want to spook all the fish, but i want to be able to see...we have about 6 inches of snow on the ice so water i am thinking is dark. the quad does have light adjusting knob, thought about turning it way down. give me some feedback, before i throw the lights to them and end up fishless. thanks in advance

Subscribe
Register an account on this site-
https://www.youtube.com
Go to my channel click subscribe the little yellow button by my picture and if you have a good e-mail on your account everytime I upload a vid you will be notified. This page also has all of my vids on it
https://www.youtube.com/user/OhioOutdoorsman19

My marcum is actually cabelas brand but made by marcum and I LOVE IT! Just as good as a vex IMO the colors and fish show up great! It's fairly easy to operate like in the video I said I used the zoom feature well for that which is really nice in deep water you can just press one little button for it on and off besides that it just turns on and works!

On the aqua view I don't normally like it or use it unless the water is shallow. I also normally just dangle it although I think pointing it down would work well. It does have LED lights that you can't see with your eye but suppoesedly they do something so I leave them on.... Just b/c there is snow on the ice doesn't mean you won't see I think it has more to do with clarity and depth... If it has lights you can see it may spook the fish b/c mine was yesterday and it looks like a bluegill. I'd try what you have and see what it does... It shouldn't extremely scare them... I'll look up your cam and see what I'd do.
Good Luck!
Good Fishing
Jonny
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigbass101 Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:02 pm

Awesome video! You may have a career down the road.
Bigbass101
Bigbass101
Outdoorsman 1
Outdoorsman 1

Back to top Go down

Post by saugeye1 Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:12 pm

looks like a good time, eat some gills for me!!!
saugeye1
saugeye1
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down