Ohio Outdoors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Day On Erie Ice-Walleyes Pictures

3 posters

Go down

Fishing First Day On Erie Ice-Walleyes Pictures

Post by OhioFisher Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:46 pm

Well having basketball this morning deffinetly made us miss the orning bite and having a few minor problems with some of the gear also put a damper on our time but we were able to get out to catwaba around 2 and get fishing about 3-4mi. out by 3. There were about the same amount of guys today as there were yesterday although they had moved the main pack further out. The trail was well beaten down with a bit of snow on most of the ice. The thickness wasn't too bad. The worst areas were furthest out and they were a good clear 6in. On the way out we had to travel through quite a few shove packs one only being a problemish one. The best ice was in the shove which was around a foot but mainly we were on about 8-10 which is plenty and I saw no problems anywhere. To fishing, well we were in anywhere from 24-26ft. Using sweedish pimples and jiggin raps. Both caught fish. Should of Had my limited had the other 3 on lost one at the hole. So that tells ya I only got three and I moved around a bit. We'd set up the shany fish those holes then move. All good fish Dad only got one a nice 25in. fish. A decent evening but I won't be able to fish until next Sunday so I hope but it won't be better by next Sunday. Enjoy the pix and vid.
Good Luck, Good Fishing, Be Safe-
Jonny
First Day On Erie Ice-Walleyes Pictures 001-4
First Day On Erie Ice-Walleyes Pictures 003-2
First Day On Erie Ice-Walleyes Pictures 006-2
First Day On Erie Ice-Walleyes Pictures 004-2
Look Of Area
First Day On Erie Ice-Walleyes Pictures Th_002-3
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Re: First Day On Erie Ice-Walleyes Pictures

Post by bugeyedjig Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:17 am

dang, man! what are you a fish magnet? great looking fish, good job.
bugeyedjig
bugeyedjig
Outdoorsman 5
Outdoorsman 5

Back to top Go down

Fishing BAM!

Post by wksiv69 Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:54 am

thats what I'm talking about cheers it's about time we can get out there, thanks for the info. great pics, nice job!!! We will see you up there saterday Good Post
wksiv69
wksiv69

Back to top Go down

Post by OhioFisher Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:07 pm

Thanks guys
Dad got some bigger ones today.
Basketball and school is making me not able to fish and isn't making me very happy lol.
I'll post today's report later
OhioFisher
OhioFisher
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down